Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
in all honesty, both charges, Obama admin.'s, and Arpaio's are politically charged and neither are in the best interest of the people they claim to represent.
True enough, but I love a good fight and for some reason Obama and his minions are quite sensitive on this issue.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
True enough, but I love a good fight and for some reason Obama and his minions are quite sensitive on this issue.
Bang bang and a boom boom, ah-lets get ready to rummmmmbaalllllll!!!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
I love a good fight as well, which is why I'm so annoyed that people like Joe Arpaio and the rest of the birther movement refuse to present one, and refuse to shut up about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I love a good fight as well, which is why I'm so annoyed that people like Joe Arpaio and the rest of the birther movement refuse to present one, and refuse to shut up about it.
They are doing pretty well or you and Obama wouldn't be so annoyed about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:50 AM  

Houston, Texas
In what position is he making this statement? If he is speaking out in his position as a Sheriff then I would say he has over-stepped his jurisdiction. If he has made the statement as a private citizen then why is anyone giving any attention to an opinion that is no more or less valid than any other private citizens opinion. Can't have it both ways. Just saying...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:05 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
In what position is he making this statement? If he is speaking out in his position as a Sheriff then I would say he has over-stepped his jurisdiction. If he has made the statement as a private citizen then why is anyone giving any attention to an opinion that is no more or less valid than any other private citizens opinion. Can't have it both ways. Just saying...
He's taking advantage of his position as a "public figure" to mount his soapbox. It's similar to Hollywood supporting Obama, are those doing so doing it as Hollywood or as private citizens?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Read the link in the OP: http://www.fyurl.com/rr.php?c=2&site...rated-forgery/

Arpaio is claiming that discrepancies in the birth certificate give him probable cause to investigate. He's ignoring that Hawaii vouches for the certificate; they are the ones who issued it, and they declare it authentic, negating the "probable cause" argument he presented. By declaring there is probable cause to investigate, he is effectively declaring that Hawaii is lying when it says the certificate is valid. He's definitely overstepped his jurisdiction. He can sue Hawaii as a private citizen in federal court; he would have to show that they should not have issued the certificate. But he didn't claim that, he claimed that the birth certificate itself looks fake.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
He's taking advantage of his position as a "public figure" to mount his soapbox. It's similar to Hollywood supporting Obama, are those doing so doing it as Hollywood or as private citizens?
So he does want it both ways. Kind of what I thought.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 AM  

Is this one a conspiracy or is it fact? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uuDoNhjm1Vg
Old 03-05-2012, 06:14 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Is this one a conspiracy or is it fact? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uuDoNhjm1Vg
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama.../kenyacert.asp

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads