Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 01-21-2011, 04:12 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I said ALMOST disappear. Really, I just mean people will be more reluctant to walk into a store and demand money if they thought they might get shot. Now they can pretty much count on NOT getting any resistance in the store. (most of the time)

I also agree with you.
See I don't see it as something to prevent crime, only stop it when it's happening.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM  
Senior Member
 
Brian's Avatar

Rochester, New York
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 262 | Kudos: +47
I'd like to see far more people -- clerks and customers -- carrying. And I'd want the clerks trained in firearms safety and with thousands of rounds downrange as a prerequisite to being hired.

Crime will never go away. But many criminals can be made to go away, either through law-abiding citizens defending themselves and their property or by an overhaul of the judicial system that today has a bad habit of releasing violent felons back on the streets. (Hang the b*stards, don't release them.)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:40 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'd like to see far more people -- clerks and customers -- carrying. And I'd want the clerks trained in firearms safety and with thousands of rounds downrange as a prerequisite to being hired.

Crime will never go away. But many criminals can be made to go away, either through law-abiding citizens defending themselves and their property or by an overhaul of the judicial system that today has a bad habit of releasing violent felons back on the streets. (Hang the b*stards, don't release them.)
I agree...
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM  
Junior Member

Redmond, Oregon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12 | Kudos: +12
Images: 1
I myself carry but I can't at work. I work alone and I work late. After work I have to trek across a dark parking lot to my vehicle. There is one guy the police are looking for who harrasses the other employees and hangs around. We've had a few break ins and after hour robberies.

I think if they have there concealed carry permit that you should be permitted to carry at work. Firearm courses at the range would not be a bad idea and should be mandatory per business/customer safety. Just cuz you can carry don't mean you know how to handle (unfortunately). And as a customer to allot of local businesses I am carrying at all times.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM  
Senior Member

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 100 | Kudos: +11
I feel that all clerk at 7-11 types of stores should be armed. If you go into a gun store all the employees are armed and nothing bad happens. Also they don't get robbed either.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 538 | Kudos: +23
The issue is how many clerks are going to fight back over an $8/hr job? I doubt many who are not owners.
__________________
Help CityProfile grow!
Join Now!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM  
Poison Idea

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 368 | Kudos: +21
That and in less gun friendly states like CA and NY how many employees are going to be hesitant to pull a gun for fear of being prosecuted for defending themselves?

And yeah, as for putting your life on the line for a crappy job/wage, screw that. My store manager at Lowe's used to try and get me to intimidate people he thought were shop lifting because of my size and I flat out refused to. You never know what people are going to do, it was against company policy, and I'm not about to corner someone that might be shoplifting a $20 tape measure over an $8/h job. Feel free to promote me to LP Manager and I might for that kind of money, but no way for close to minimum wage.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM  
Senior Member
 
Brian's Avatar

Rochester, New York
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 262 | Kudos: +47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The issue is how many clerks are going to fight back over an $8/hr job? I doubt many who are not owners.
It depends on if they feel they're going to get hurt even if they do turn over the loot.
__________________
February is PALIN-FREE month. Whatever you do, don't mention Sarah Palin's name. Sarah Palin Sarah Palin Sarah Palin Sarah Palin Sarah Palin.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:33 AM  
Senior Member

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 100 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
That and in less gun friendly states like CA and NY how many employees are going to be hesitant to pull a gun for fear of being prosecuted for defending themselves?

And yeah, as for putting your life on the line for a crappy job/wage, screw that. My store manager at Lowe's used to try and get me to intimidate people he thought were shop lifting because of my size and I flat out refused to. You never know what people are going to do, it was against company policy, and I'm not about to corner someone that might be shoplifting a $20 tape measure over an $8/h job. Feel free to promote me to LP Manager and I might for that kind of money, but no way for close to minimum wage.
My martial arts instructor used to have a good saying that fits this perfectly.
"it is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
In many of these convience store robberies the thief just kill the employees. Even if the employee co-operates.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:35 AM  
Senior Member

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 100 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The issue is how many clerks are going to fight back over an $8/hr job? I doubt many who are not owners.
Many times there are only one or two employees and the thiefs will just kill the employees,even if they have co-operated with them. I personally wouldn't work a night shift in a convience store without being armed.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.