Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I said ALMOST disappear. Really, I just mean people will be more reluctant to walk into a store and demand money if they thought they might get shot. Now they can pretty much count on NOT getting any resistance in the store. (most of the time)

I also agree with you.
See I don't see it as something to prevent crime, only stop it when it's happening.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM  

Rochester, New York
I'd like to see far more people -- clerks and customers -- carrying. And I'd want the clerks trained in firearms safety and with thousands of rounds downrange as a prerequisite to being hired.

Crime will never go away. But many criminals can be made to go away, either through law-abiding citizens defending themselves and their property or by an overhaul of the judicial system that today has a bad habit of releasing violent felons back on the streets. (Hang the b*stards, don't release them.)

Old 01-24-2011, 05:40 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'd like to see far more people -- clerks and customers -- carrying. And I'd want the clerks trained in firearms safety and with thousands of rounds downrange as a prerequisite to being hired.

Crime will never go away. But many criminals can be made to go away, either through law-abiding citizens defending themselves and their property or by an overhaul of the judicial system that today has a bad habit of releasing violent felons back on the streets. (Hang the b*stards, don't release them.)
I agree...
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 PM  

Redmond, Oregon
I myself carry but I can't at work. I work alone and I work late. After work I have to trek across a dark parking lot to my vehicle. There is one guy the police are looking for who harrasses the other employees and hangs around. We've had a few break ins and after hour robberies.

I think if they have there concealed carry permit that you should be permitted to carry at work. Firearm courses at the range would not be a bad idea and should be mandatory per business/customer safety. Just cuz you can carry don't mean you know how to handle (unfortunately). And as a customer to allot of local businesses I am carrying at all times.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I feel that all clerk at 7-11 types of stores should be armed. If you go into a gun store all the employees are armed and nothing bad happens. Also they don't get robbed either.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
The issue is how many clerks are going to fight back over an $8/hr job? I doubt many who are not owners.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM  
Poison Idea

That and in less gun friendly states like CA and NY how many employees are going to be hesitant to pull a gun for fear of being prosecuted for defending themselves?

And yeah, as for putting your life on the line for a crappy job/wage, screw that. My store manager at Lowe's used to try and get me to intimidate people he thought were shop lifting because of my size and I flat out refused to. You never know what people are going to do, it was against company policy, and I'm not about to corner someone that might be shoplifting a $20 tape measure over an $8/h job. Feel free to promote me to LP Manager and I might for that kind of money, but no way for close to minimum wage.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The issue is how many clerks are going to fight back over an $8/hr job? I doubt many who are not owners.
It depends on if they feel they're going to get hurt even if they do turn over the loot.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
That and in less gun friendly states like CA and NY how many employees are going to be hesitant to pull a gun for fear of being prosecuted for defending themselves?

And yeah, as for putting your life on the line for a crappy job/wage, screw that. My store manager at Lowe's used to try and get me to intimidate people he thought were shop lifting because of my size and I flat out refused to. You never know what people are going to do, it was against company policy, and I'm not about to corner someone that might be shoplifting a $20 tape measure over an $8/h job. Feel free to promote me to LP Manager and I might for that kind of money, but no way for close to minimum wage.
My martial arts instructor used to have a good saying that fits this perfectly.
"it is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
In many of these convience store robberies the thief just kill the employees. Even if the employee co-operates.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Many times there are only one or two employees and the thiefs will just kill the employees,even if they have co-operated with them. I personally wouldn't work a night shift in a convience store without being armed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.