Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM  

ATF:The White House Knew

I found this on investors.com, I wonder why no impeachment hearings?
Quote:
ATF: The White House Knew

Posted 07/28/2011 07:02 PM ET

Scandal: A former ATF special agent tells Congress a National Security Council staffer was informed about Operation Fast and Furious before guns allowed into Mexico wound up at the murder scene of a U.S. agent.

The latest evidence that both the White House and attorney general knew and approved of Project Gunrunner and its deadly offshoot, Operation Fast and Furious, came this week in the testimony of William Newell, ATF special agent in charge of the Phoenix office, before Rep. Darrell Issa's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

That the "stench of cover-up," as Fox News analyst Brit Hume described the administration's handling of the matter, may reach even into the Oval Office itself was evidenced by Newell's testimony that he communicated with Kevin O'Reilly, a staffer on President Obama's National Security Council, about Operation Fast and Furious in September 2010.

O'Reilly was national security director for North America tasked with monitoring the activities of Mexican drug cartels. We are asked to believe he inquired about a program that was providing the cartels with guns but kept what he found out to himself.

That date, by the way, is three months before weapons permitted to "walk" into Mexico were found at the scene in Arizona were U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered. Newell said O'Reilly had inquired about the status of Project Gunrunner to brief administration officials before a trip to Mexico.

Newell sent O'Reilly the requested information with the caveat, "You didn't get this from me."

Why was a National Security Council staffer asking about an operation that no one in the upper echelons of the administration was supposed to be aware of? We find it hard to believe it was for O'Reilly's personal amusement. Why would Newell request that he not be acknowledged as the source?

Certainly the whole area of drug cartels, cross-border violence and gun trafficking are matters of national security. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has made a cause celebre of blaming the easy access to U.S. weapons for Mexican violence.
mp3Listen to the Podcast
Subscribe through iTunes

Are we to believe neither the White House nor the Department of Justice knew about a program that made that access even easier?

Administration officials have taken the Sgt. Schultz "we knew nothing" approach to any inquiries, only to be tripped up by their own words and actions.

Newell's email to O'Reilly is evidence that at least one person in the White House did.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
why no link?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
why no link?
Google is your friend to.......

Let me google that for you
Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Google is your friend to.......

Let me google that for you
the point is the link should be their by default per proper internet forum article posting, when no link is posted often there is a reason
Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM  

Quote:
the point is the link should be their by default per proper internet forum article posting, when no link is posted often there is a reason
Yep! Laziness on my part, it would require another copy and paste.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
for those who missed this link:

How To Behave On An Internet Forum (Internet: Useful Tips)
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 AM  

Well, Fast and Furious has made it from Fox News to the lamestream media. It only takes a couple of months for congress and lamestream to awaken.

It seems that Obama's transparency is not so fast and furious. Clinton had a narrow definition of sex, maybe Obama has a narrow definition of transparency.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM  

Whitefish, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Well, Fast and Furious has made it from Fox News to the lamestream media.
Are you suggesting that Fox news is not part of the lamestream media?
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 AM  
Traveler

sigh--and so it goes.

hope it can be straightened out. certain that when we get 'The Change'--all we be better?

man---tired of this stuff--really, tired of IT.

but this is what we 'do'--always have, always will.

can't close The SHOP down. keep trying to Fix IT.

go romney, go. he seems 'chill' enough, a man of class of some kind-----why would he want to get into the stew? but that is what i think of all who would consider that JOB.

not bill clinton, really---still wondering what it is about him that people find so wonderful. don't think i'll ever know. we had 'bill', the Cowboy, then we got Barack---so now we will get Mitt. then we will get--??? a girl--hispanic, girl. will that be better?

ain't gonna agonize---beautiful day in the neighborhood. my dog wants to do something fun.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Are you suggesting that Fox news is not part of the lamestream media?
Maybe suggesting, I can't say for certain as I don't get Fox News.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!