Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
................Hell how do you please both the pro and anti gun crowds let alone solve any other issues? Divide the country in half?
I think leaving ALL of those major philosophical differences to be decided at the state level would go a long way toward satisfying both sides. Move where the laws suit you! Yes, it would probably divide the country but obviously it would better suit the two sides.

How can that be argued with! The federal gov't will not give up that power though.

Oh, and I'll bet it would become much more apparent what works and what doesn't because states left to their own control would leave them to fail or succeed based on thir own choices. I like that idea. For example: legalize all drugs? Let's see how that works out for you. Give away free healthcare? Let's see how that works out for you... And on the other end of the spectrum, allow everyone to open carry guns? Let's see how that works out... I think the results would be very telling.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:40 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I wish someone in Massachusetts would let us know how the Obamacare type health insurance they have is working. Romney was in favor of it as governor. Is it working or not? I'm serious, I have no idea.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I wish someone in Massachusetts would let us know how the Obamacare type health insurance they have is working. Romney was in favor of it as governor. Is it working or not? I'm serious, I have no idea.
I agree. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the healthcare system there. I am glad it was up to the state though.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM  

An update on Obama's plan which is snake oil at best, but many will fall for it.
Quote:
Obama budget forecast predicts $8.3 trillion deficit over next decade
Published: 4:39 PM 07/27/2012
By Neil Munro

The White House has delivered its 10-year budget forecast to Congress, and it predicts a trillion-dollar deficit for fiscal year 2012.

The project, titled the Mid-Session Review, projects $42.6 trillion in spending, and will balloon the federal government’s accumulated debt to $25.4 trillion by 2022, according to an analysis from the office of Sen. Jeff Sessions, the GOP’s budget chief in the Senate. The review was released Friday, reducing the chance it will get much coverage in the media.

Last year, the national debt grew to $14.8 trillion, an increase of $5 trillion from 2008.

The river of red ink shows that President Barack Obama’s campaign-trail ads are “dramatically false,” said a statement from Sessions.

Those new ads promise to pay down the accumulated deficits in a “balanced way.”

In the July 23 campaign ad, dubbed “The Choice,” Obama says to the camera that a tax increase is “asking the wealthy to pay a little more so we can pay down the debt in a balanced way, so that we can afford to invest in education, manufacturing and home-grown American energy.”

But Obama’s new budget plan predicts spending of $46.2 trillion, which is $1.5 trillion above the so-called “baseline” and 57 percent higher than the 2012′s spending rate.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/27/ob...#ixzz22X8zpovT
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
If people vote for hussein again, we are really screwed.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's another source of articles you may want to peruse.......

January 6, 2012
Obama: The Mask is Off

By Steve McCann

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/obama_the_mask_is_off.html#ixzz28iZ3qUxj

Videos:
http://www.americanthinker.com/video/

Search:
http://www.americanthinker.com/search/

http://www.americanthinker.com/archives.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/search/?cx=016417505616455789357%3Amttpazkfree&cof=FORID% 3A9&ie=UTF-8&q=Steve+McCann&sa=Search&siteurl=www.americanthi nker.com%2Fsearch%2F&ref=www.americanthinker.com%2 F2012%2F01%2Fobama_the_mask_is_off.html&ss=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
From my latest e-mail......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!