Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Sorry to hear that. I've never experienced anything like it. My son had a visible lump in his throat when he was just little, and he was in an MRI the same day.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Worked real well for a friend of mine who's son died because he couldn't get an MRI because it was booked for months.
The Amerian health care system is worse. I am watching as a young friend of mine is dying from diabetes. He is 32 and can no longer work. He can barely walk. He has no feeling in his legs below the knees. He has been turned down for disability. His wife is working the only job she can find, 3 days a week for minimum wage. Medicaid says he is not eligible. When he passes he will leave behind a wife and 3 kids. In Canada, he would be able to get treated. If treated a few years ago, he would still be able to be a productive member of society.
__________________

__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:45 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Thank you Alex. I always wondered why I loved the Canadian people!
Tell us again why you want to change the US instead of going somewhere where it is already the way you want it?
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 AM  
Senior Member
 
Hillman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 318 | Kudos: +31
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Tell us again why you want to change the US instead of going somewhere where it is already the way you want it?
Hmmmmm.....
__________________
A nobody telling everybody about Somebody.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
....In Canada, he would be able to get treated.....
I guess the same for you and your buddy there.... Why didn't you guys just move to Canada if it's system were so great? I know if it were the picture of what I wanted to live under I would go there.
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I guess the same for you and your buddy there.... Why didn't you guys just move to Canada if it's system were so great? I know if it were the picture of what I wanted to live under I would go there.
Because Canadian woman playing outdoors:


US woman playing outdoors:


tl;dr: I hate snow.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
I see your argument..... All joking aside though..
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 AM  
Senior Member
 
mrmurdoc34's Avatar

Stafford, Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 582 | Kudos: +55
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
The Amerian health care system is worse. I am watching as a young friend of mine is dying from diabetes. He is 32 and can no longer work. He can barely walk. He has no feeling in his legs below the knees. He has been turned down for disability. His wife is working the only job she can find, 3 days a week for minimum wage. Medicaid says he is not eligible. When he passes he will leave behind a wife and 3 kids. In Canada, he would be able to get treated. If treated a few years ago, he would still be able to be a productive member of society.
See here is your biggest problem. You are confusing the medical system with the insurance companies.

The way health insurance is ran and used in todays age is dumb. It got that way when they started to be forprofit. If they need to make a profit then they are going to do stupid crap like everything they are doing now.

Our health care system (doctors, nurses hospitals and private practices) are the best in the world no matter what anyone says. It is the insurance companies and the government that are killing it. More government is not going to solve the problem.

Medicare has been bankrupt for how long? It was the government that did that... Now I pay all this money because I HAVE TO and guess what it won't be there when I need it. I have come to realize that. It is not the people on it now that are the problem but the fact that the GOVERNMENT mismanaged it and used it for what it was not supposed to be used for. Obama just raided it again for obama care.

Really these people can't pass a simple budget and we want them running health care. I just don't understand the thinking about this.

They can hardly do anything except vote themselves a pay raise every damn year. Wish I got a pay raise once ever 2 years seeing as I haven't gotten but one in the last 6. I got a 1% pay raise this year and the county then took an extra 2.6% from my check. WOOT WOOT only time I ever got a raise and ended up making less money.
__________________
I'm not Sheldon! I'm the Flash! And now I'm going to the Grand Canyon to scream in frustration *takes two quick steps* I'm back
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Tell us again why you want to change the US instead of going somewhere where it is already the way you want it?
And not have me here to piss you off? Why you ask? Because the American healthcare system is heavily flawed and needed Obama, to fix it, and he has too. With president Obamas affordable healthcare act, I'll be able to get coverage now, so no need to go to Canada.
__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
See here is your biggest problem. You are confusing the medical system with the insurance companies.

The way health insurance is ran and used in todays age is dumb. It got that way when they started to be forprofit. If they need to make a profit then they are going to do stupid crap like everything they are doing now.

Our health care system (doctors, nurses hospitals and private practices) are the best in the world no matter what anyone says. It is the insurance companies and the government that are killing it. More government is not going to solve the problem.

Medicare has been bankrupt for how long? It was the government that did that... Now I pay all this money because I HAVE TO and guess what it won't be there when I need it. I have come to realize that. It is not the people on it now that are the problem but the fact that the GOVERNMENT mismanaged it and used it for what it was not supposed to be used for. Obama just raided it again for obama care.

Really these people can't pass a simple budget and we want them running health care. I just don't understand the thinking about this.

They can hardly do anything except vote themselves a pay raise every damn year. Wish I got a pay raise once ever 2 years seeing as I haven't gotten but one in the last 6. I got a 1% pay raise this year and the county then took an extra 2.6% from my check. WOOT WOOT only time I ever got a raise and ended up making less money.
Finally, you're starting to make sense. Sort of. America does have a good healthcare rating, but not the top. Not quite. You see, part of being number one..... Is having it where EVERYONE has ACCESS. With Obamas ACA, a great many more people will gain access to our great healthcare system. You are correct in the sense that the insurance companies screw it all up though, for those who need it most, because they control who got care, and who didn't. Frankly, I'd much much much rather have the government deciding my healthcare accessibilty, than a profiteering insurance company whore. Obamas ACA.... The playing field is leveled. I'd rather see a public option socialist program with the insurance companies banned from that line of service, myself.
__________________

__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.