Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Bowe Bergdahl

Let's see. We trade 5 high ranking terrorists for a deserter. Doesn't quite make sense to me. Some American soldiers died looking for him after he deserted. Sounds screwed up to me. Obama, remove your head from your a** please.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 AM  

Yep, many pissed off folks due to this latest blunder.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:52 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
Yep, many pissed off folks due to this latest blunder.
Yet nobody holds him accountable. I don't get it at all.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 PM  

And he got two promotions, where did the army leadership have its head?

Obama broke the law in not involving congress, it's time for impeachment we do not need an elective imperialist government. I know Obama is not the first, but let's make an example out of him so he will be the last!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
And he got two promotions, where did the army leadership have its head?

Obama broke the law in not involving congress, it's time for impeachment we do not need an elective imperialist government. I know Obama is not the first, but let's make an example out of him so he will be the last!
Eddie, he said he was sorry, so everything is OK. Let it go already...
Old 06-05-2014, 07:57 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Bowe Bergdahl-mccain.jpg 

Old 06-05-2014, 08:58 PM  

Fact Check dismisses the above allegations.

[I]McCain’s Plane Crashes
Posted on September 5, 2008 | Updated on October 12, 2008
Q: Did McCain crash five planes? Did he cause the 1967 Forrestal fire?
A: No. Chain e-mails and Internet postings that make that claim are mistaken. One crash was found to be his fault, but the Navy commended his piloting skills.
FULL QUESTION
Is the information below true? I have heard that McCain crashed five planes. In searching the web I found this information. It was located at [DELETED] Thank you for more information.
FULL ANSWER
Update, Oct. 12: We have further updated this article to include details from newly released Navy records of an investigation that found McCain's first crash was due to pilot error, and not, as McCain has stated, an engine failure. The L.A. Times story also pinpointed the dates of early incidents more closely, and we have rewritten and re-ordered some sections to reflect this new information.
Update, Sept 19: This item was originally posted Sept. 5, 2008. We have updated it to include additional details of the 1967 Forrestal disaster from official documents, which differ from McCain's own, widely accepted recollection. We have also included McCain's admission of "daredevil clowning" in an accident that did not result in loss of his plane.
We have had numerous questions about this widely circulated claim. Some say McCain "lost" five planes, others that he "crashed" five planes. All offer this alleged "fact" as evidence that he was a bad pilot. All are incorrect.
McCain did lose two Navy aircraft while piloting them. One crash was found to be be McCain's fault, the other due to an engine failure of undetermined cause.. A third was destroyed on the deck of the carrier USS Forrestal when a missile fired accidentally from another plane hit either the plane next to McCain's or, less likely, his own aircraft, triggering a disastrous fire that killed 134 sailors and nearly killed McCain. A fourth plane was lost when he was shot down over North Vietnam on a bombing mission over Hanoi.
A fifth alleged "crash" turns out to be a misinterpretation of a flight accident that did not result in the loss of the aircraft. McCain admitted to causing that incident through "daredevil clowning" but returned safely.
'Superb Airmanship'

None of these incidents prevented McCain from winning regular promotions and being assigned additional flight duty. The Navy praised his "aggressiveness and skillful airmanship" when awarding him the Navy Commendation Medal for an attack Oct. 18, 1967, on a shipyard in Haiphong, North Vietnam, prior to his capture. The Navy also commended his "superb airmanship" in awarding him the Distinguished Flying Cross for a bombing attack on a Hanoi power plant Oct. 26, 1967. His plane was hit by a surface-to-air missile on that mission, but he "continued his bomb delivery pass and released his bombs over the target" before being forced to eject, according to the official citation.
The Navy has released and posted copies of McCain's several medal citations and commendations. We have not seen any similar release of official reports of his accidents, or of his fitness reports as a young officer. However, we do have accounts of the incidents both from McCain himself and from his biographer, Robert Timberg, a former White House correspondent for the Baltimore Sun, and now editor of the U.S. Naval Institute's magazine, Proceedings. Timberg's award-winning book, "The Nightingale's Song," tells the story of McCain and four members of his Naval Academy class who later rose to prominence. It was published in 1995. McCain's book "Faith of my Fathers" was published in 1999.
Two Crashes, and 'Daredevil Clowning'
First Crash, March 12, 1960: This took place while McCain, a young, unmarried officer not long out of the Naval Academy, was in advanced flight training at Corpus Christi, Texas. Timberg and McCain both give the cause as engine failure, but a Navy investigation blamed McCain's inattention to altitude.
McCain, 1999 (pp155-156): I crashed a plane in Corpus Christi Bay one Saturday morning. The engine quit while I was practicing landings. … I barely managed to get the canopy open and swim to the surface. … I took a few painkillers and hit the sack to rest my aching back for a few hours. … I was out carousing, injured back and all, later that evening.

Timberg's account agrees, but Navy records do not. According to a Naval Aviation Safety Center report, obtained by the Los Angeles Times, investigators determined that the engine did not quit, and McCain was to blame:
Los Angeles Times, Oct. 6, 2008: Cockpit instruments that froze on impact showed the engine was still producing power. When water quenched the exhaust stack, it preserved a bright blue color, showing that the engine was still hot. And an aviator behind McCain reported that the engine was producing the black smoke characteristic of Skyraiders.

Investigators determined that McCain was watching instruments in his cockpit that indicated the position of his landing gear and had lost track of his altitude and speed.

The report concluded: "In the opinion of the board, the pilot's preoccupation in the cockpit … coupled with the use of a power setting too low to maintain level flight in a turn were the primary causes of this accident."
Old 06-06-2014, 08:20 AM  

Lindsey Graham said he would call for impeachment if Obama does it again. How about this ime? How many strikes does it take before a president gone rogue is impeached? I am fed up with both Ds and Rs does our constitution hold no value, both parties are complicit if no action is taken.

cc: Congressman Mark Meadows
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 AM  

From the teaparty:
Quote:
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE U.S. CONGRESS:

Let it be known that I stand with the Tea Party and demand that impeachment proceedings be brought against President Barack Obama for high crimes and misdemeanors, including, but not limited to the following:

1. Failing to protect American citizens in the Libyan embassy in Benghazi and purposefully allowing them to be tortured and murdered in cold blood. Cries for help were ignored. Pleas for ground support were brushed off. While American ambassador Chris Stevens and his colleagues were being slaughtered at the hands of murderers, Obama turned a blind eye and went to bed, blaming a YouTube video for the attack.

While “justice will be served” has resonated from his lips, nothing has been done to bring justice for this crime. Instead, it has been swept under the carpet. Now the Obama State Department is compounding the crimes against our diplomats and military by intimidating government civilian and military personnel into not testifying.

2. Blatant abuse and misuse of the true intention of the PATRIOT Act. Obama and is administration deem it acceptable to invade the privacy of U.S. citizens by reading our e-mail, tracking our Internet visits, comparing notes with the IRS about our taxes and “mining” our every purchase. These are egregious violations of our right to privacy.

3. Outright brutal assaults on the First Amendment by the Obama Justice Department. Those who are held accountable to the highest extend of the law chose to break the law by illegally wiretapping phone lines and cell phone conversations and invading email accounts—spying—on members of the press and accusing reporters doing their job of being criminals.

4. Under Obama’s ruling hand, the Internal Revenue Service purposefully, knowingly and willingly targeted conservatives and Tea Party members, delaying their non-profit status and then lying to Congress about their activities.

5. Repeatedly hiding illegal Federal activities, such as the Justice Department’s “Fast and Furious” program where guns were handed to KNOWN criminals and members of Mexican drug cartels then used to kill our own border agents. Obama acolytes still continue to lie to Congress and the citizens of the United States about the gun-running operation.

6. For purposefully, willfully and wrongfully putting a bounty on the heads of 22 Navy Seals aboard a Chinook helicopter in Afghanistan. Obama knowingly sent those Seals to their deaths that fateful day then had his military brass issue orders to cremate the bodies for no reason. Despite the outright lies told to the American people, those men did not all die aboard that helicopter that day. Eight Navy Seals jumped out alive and fought for their lives. Again, no backup reinforcements—only a team of Afghans that were waiting to ambush them. Despite false promises of “justice” by the president, nothing has been done.

7. For constant violations of the regulatory and law-making process—end running Congress with Executive Orders after they’ve voted down bills and making appointments while the Senate was in session, effectively violating the Constitution of the United States of America.

8. Allowing criminals to go unchecked and, in fact, welcoming them into the country. Despite Congress voting down the DREAM Act Obama signed an Executive Order that allows children of illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. before they were 16 and still under 30 to remain in the U.S. with no fear of deportation. This is another clear violation of the Constitution and our law-making process. Obama continues his marathon abuse of power by using U.S. taxpayer dollars to fund public relations and advertising campaigns to promote free food stamps to Mexicans.

9. In time of great financial duress in our country, the president is funding terrorists groups in Egypt—the Muslim Brotherhood—giving them billions of dollars, F-16s and tanks all while claiming the White House (OUR house) must be closed to children and families who wish to visit.

10. In his time as president, Obama has levied the biggest tax ever in American history on US citizens with ObamaCare forcing the people to buy it by demand on the government.

This petition has only begun to brush the surface. Choosing to enforce only the laws he agrees with and ignoring others, disregarding the “Defense of Marriage Act, initiating a war in Libya without a declaration of war from Congress…these are but a few of the egregious acts of this would-be king.

Congressional members, he has assassinated American citizens without due process of law and put in place a drone program to kill on command. His election was fraught with voter fraud and promises of hand-outs for the masses, paid for by hard working taxpayers. Scandal after scandal and abuse after abuse continues.

Therefore, I, the undersigned, urge Congress to immediately and swiftly begin a full investigation of President Obama and the entire Obama administration for corruption, high crimes and misdemeanors against the American people and the United States Constitution.

- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/impeach-obam....2IvNqnzk.dpuf
Old 06-06-2014, 05:56 PM  

There is a huge gathering of folks at my local post office under "Impeach Obama" signs. I wish this meant something.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!