Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Brainwashing a New Generation

Local news coverage includes occasional visits to the classroom, generally elementary classes because they are cuter. Lately I notice politically correct comments from the students. Buzzwords such as carbon footprint which reeks of Al Gore pseudoscience and even study of Yellowstone as if it represents a balance of nature. Actually Yellowstone is a demonstration that man cannot manage nature and that every action prompts reactions that are not always good. Nature has never been in balance, it is complex rather than linear and moves in cycles (much like a free market). When the government intrudes you get a mess (as in market economy). All this might be good for the kids if they were taught the truth, and more importantly taught to think for themselves.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:36 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
How about all the revised history concerning MLK?
__________________

__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:20 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
or revised history concerning just about anything! History is often just a set of agreed upon lies or misrepresentations. Take columbus, he was the first to travel to the americas and discovered the people ALREADY there, wait what?

the truth as in evolution? as scientists generally agree that is the truth, you agree Eddie? :-)

kind of an odd perspective wanting kids to think for themselves Eddie, as I thought you were religious? you even suggested dinosaur and man existed at the same time in one? you meant teach THAT kind of science?
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
or revised history concerning just about anything! History is often just a set of agreed upon lies or misrepresentations. Take columbus, he was the first to travel to the americas and discovered the people ALREADY there, wait what?

the truth as in evolution? as scientists generally agree that is the truth, you agree Eddie? :-)

kind of an odd perspective wanting kids to think for themselves Eddie, as I thought you were religious? you even suggested dinosaur and man existed at the same time in one? you meant teach THAT kind of science?
Oh, so truth is only a majority opinion?
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:29 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Oh, so truth is only a majority opinion?
never said that, truth and knowledge are not always the same thing. history will always be debated, it's not like calculus or evolution where we can have clear observable examples it works/exists.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
never said that, truth and knowledge are not always the same thing. history will always be debated, it's not like calculus or evolution where we can have clear observable examples it works/exists.
I agree that truth and knowledge are not the same thing, but evolutionists seem a bit confused.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Abortion and circumcision both run somewhere in excess of a million per year in the US. It would seem that abortion does the most damage as it mutilates the total baby, yet the Dims continue to push it.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:09 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Abortion and circumcision both run somewhere in excess of a million per year in the US. It would seem that abortion does the most damage as it mutilates the total baby, yet the Dims continue to push it.
now you are getting into different issues of when it is a baby and when it isn't, some people consider a zygote a human baby, I don't, it's not viable, it has never "lived" and incapable of living. however once a baby is born they have human rights and then the mutilation procedure violates that human right, so no, it is NOT the same thing.

besides, statistically speaking allowing abortion greatly reduces crime. where as any argument about benefits from genital mutilation has plenty of evidence against it (for example most of europe has very high genital integrity rates and lower STD rates when compared to the U.S.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
now you are getting into different issues of when it is a baby and when it isn't, some people consider a zygote a human baby, I don't, it's not viable, it has never "lived" and incapable of living. however once a baby is born they have human rights and then the mutilation procedure violates that human right, so no, it is NOT the same thing.

besides, statistically speaking allowing abortion greatly reduces crime. where as any argument about benefits from genital mutilation has plenty of evidence against it (for example most of europe has very high genital integrity rates and lower STD rates when compared to the U.S.
So that's why Dims love abortion but hate mutilating genitals, just follow the money trail?
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
So that's why Dims love abortion but hate mutilating genitals, just follow the money trail?
1.) your use of "Dims" says a lot about you, and is a VERY childish attitude to argue on
2.) it's about human rights, plain and simple, something republicans pretend to be about.
3.) money trail? you mean the large amount of religious money clouding republican decisions anymore?
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.