Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2011, 04:06 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
China like some other countries is balanced picariously on the edge.
They try and claim to be doing so great, but really look hard at the infastructure, and the way they have nothing sustainable, or any vast natural resources, and its a shell game at best.
They likely have another 5 years before it falls apart, but it will, and it will be massive when it does.
They need others for everything from gas to food. Heck they cannot even make a peice of steel without importing the ore.
Most of their lumber to even build a basic house is imported.
Their technology is 20 years behind many countries to.
Lets not even get into the mess they are creating for their future with limiting kids, so many baby girls are killed to have a boy, as they cannot have multiple children.
What happens when these boys get older and want a wife?
End of the line for them, and their bloodline, as the guys will all have to become gay and take another guy as their spouse, since women will be about as rare as a young Pope.
Never underestimate your opponent, grasshopper. Can't remember which post i was saying that the Chinese thought we were arogant and underestimated them when they asked for technology for their auto industry. Japan told them to take a hike and we gave it up unwise in my opinion, no one GAVE us nothing (western civ) we built it.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:42 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Although china is developing quickly, they're still decades behind us in basically every aspect, and their current market is unsustainable, and hanging by a thread. No matter what, any mixture of communism will fail eventually.
there was a great report on china's economy

(there is a better video but this one covers the basics)

China demands GDP growth, and to get that GDP growth right now in china at the moment is often from building new buildings (regardless of if they are needed) so there are entire empty shopping malls/cities etc, the housing is nice and built right next to what we in america would call either tenements or slums but the people don't make enough to move into these brand new empty neighborhoods of skyscrapers, so they just stand empty.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
China like some other countries is balanced picariously on the edge.

They need others for everything from gas to food. Heck they cannot even make a peice of steel without importing the ore.
Quote:
RIO is priced for an unmoved Chinese IP and GDP growth. With the June numbers in, it is apparent this is not the case.
RIO did mention that bad weather in Australia has affected the reliability of the country?s transportation infrastructure. This is actually a blessing in disguise as problems in infrastructure keep supply from running away.
Another development keeping supply levels in check are the countless production issues facing iron ore mines.
While management does realize iron ore is their bread and butter, they have been making changes to weather the impact of an iron ore supply glut by aggressively investing in other mining products.
What China's Growth and Iron Ore Production Developments Mean for Rio Tinto - Seeking Alpha

Natural resources are spread all over the globe. In a rapidly developing world a glut of iron poses no problems for the Chinese at all.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I've owned perhaps 25 cars in my life. The Rabbits, bugs and Hondas were cheap to fix but the Detroit iron rusted faster and cost more to repair mechanically.
I remember about 6 or 7 years ago I had a '91 Camaro with about 90k on the odometer and a chevy astro with about 100k in the yard... both with grass growing up around them because SOMETHING was wrong with them.. Both had clear coat peeling off. Also in my yard was an Infinity (Nissan) with about 175k that ran great and looked almost new (paint). Also, a '96 tacoma with about 210k on the odometer. I was sitting on my porch thinking af how stupid it was and swore myself away from the big 3... Unless it was a classic muscle car or a hobby type vehicle (like my Jeep!). The Taco now has about 302k on it and runs like new.... I wouldn't expect that from the big 3 unless some major work had been done at some point....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 AM  
fustrated genius

I think they are improving though. We had a Dodge ram truck out here rode hard and put away wet at 240K. It did bust two axles though, but that's just Dana. My Nissan Frontier broke one also.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I think they are improving though.
They are going to have to if they want to stay in business.... The biggest disadvantage I think they have are the labor unions sucking up much of the money that should be going towards engineering better products and using better materials... If they can get that stuff under control, they could probably do better. I do think they have improved in the past 5 years or so....

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep

They are going to have to if they want to stay in business.... The biggest disadvantage I think they have are the labor unions sucking up much of the money that should be going towards engineering better products and using better materials... If they can get that stuff under control, they could probably do better. I do think they have improved in the past 5 years or so....
Now THAT I can agree with. Labor unions are a relic of a past when 1 of every 2 workers was a member. Now they're just greedy, useless, and with a prime example being the Boeing plant, they're killing jobs by asking the government to control businesses, which ol' Barry is all too happy to do.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-26-2011, 03:07 PM  

As for government control, I visited Russia a couple of times and during a tour was fortunate to sit next to an Israeli architect who pointed out which buildings were really Russian architecture and which were communist. Amazingly the "communist projects" looked much like our own "section 8 projects". Maybe Government Motors will make our cars look like the Russian Volga and save retooling costs every few years.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 AM  
Traveler

Instead of getting in to this whole heated discussion, I?d just like to add that quality is what matters to any of us irrespective of whether the product is from China or America. Even if we have to shell out some extra bucks from our pocket, do we really mind if the product lasts long?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 PM  

My only concern with my $49 eyeglasses is why could they not have been made in America?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.