Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2011, 02:05 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I personally believe the cartoon represents the lack of allegience rather the "under God" verbiage, but could be wrong on the true meaning. Having several family members who are Jehovah Witnesses, they do the same when it comes to the American Flag, and everytime they attempt to convert me, there is an all out argument. I usually tell them that if they don't like what the USA stands for, make sure the door doesn't hit them in the butt as they leave for some other country, preferably a Communist country.

Yep, I'm proud of this country. I fly the American flag daily. And when I die, there will be a flag covering my coffin.
EDIT - I read your post wrong and got the wrong meaning out of it.... - EDIT

Jehovah Witnesses believe in a god, there would be no reason for them to be upset by that, the wording of "under god" is primarily an attack on atheism as that is the biggest threat to the christian majority.

THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH THE FLAG, it's with forcing people to say they pledge allegiance to a country "under god", I WILL NOT pledge allegiance to a theocracy under god, and it's only motive is to move us towards that end, for people then to later say god is on our money and our pledge, we must be a christian nation and as you can see, sadly that is working.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:14 PM  

I agree...with the JW, it is the "Pledge of Allegiance" which they oppose, and they will not stand for the flag salute nor place their hand over hearts. They also do not celebrate birthdays or Christmas, but still love to receive presents. The only celebration they allow is wedding anniversaries.

I just don't understand that cult! I apologize for expressing my opinion, but this has all but broken up my family and I find it ironic that everyone of their kids quit that religion as soon as they got out from under their parent's control.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I personally believe the cartoon represents the lack of allegience rather the "under God" verbiage, but could be wrong on the true meaning. Having several family members who are Jehovah Witnesses, they do the same when it comes to the American Flag, and everytime they attempt to convert me, there is an all out argument. I usually tell them that if they don't like what the USA stands for, make sure the door doesn't hit them in the butt as they leave for some other country, preferably a Communist country.

Yep, I'm proud of this country. I fly the American flag daily. And when I die, there will be a flag covering my coffin.
It is there right, greatest part about America, everyone can be nuts, everyone is welcome, and even ideology that supports the fall of the right it needs in order to function is allowed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.