Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2014, 12:50 PM  

Montreal
I'm Canadian so i dont really dwell much on American politics.
However if you dont like current admin just vote in those that will cater to your political ideology,If that doesnt work to your liking then take comfort in the fact that your democratic system is alive and well and the voting results reflect the wishes of the majority of your citizens..

Old 08-17-2014, 05:28 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm Canadian so i dont really dwell much on American politics.
However if you dont like current admin just vote in those that will cater to your political ideology,If that doesnt work to your liking then take comfort in the fact that your democratic system is alive and well and the voting results reflect the wishes of the majority of your citizens..
Actually, I think most Americans accept the fact that every facet of our government lies to us daily. And most believe that elections are rigged.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:38 PM  

Quote:
Sounds like all opinion to me.
In fact with your line of logic ed it sounds like you'd be happy if the country would save itself a lot of money by just ridding itself of departments that many believe are solely into deception and greed, departments like NASA,NOAA,EPA etc.
If you arent going to believe their findings/research and recommendations they become a pointless entity.
As said before i'm not a scientist and can only go by what i read and see on the media and at this point a vast majority of the scientific community is saying mans use of fossil fuels is causing an abnormal spike in this Earths warming phase. I'm not seeing anything to make me believe otherwise.
You are entitled to your belief. The majority of scientists thst accept AGW don't have a dog in the fight and are just going with the flow, just their opinions with no ties to the scientific method. I don't think it can be proven that CO2 is the culprit, in fact water vapor holds more heat than CO2.

As for scientists can you even imagine a professor gaining tenure if he dare go against the AGW flow, much less being able to publish a paper? Also can you imagine a scientist gaining a government grant to study AGW unless his position has passed the litmus test? Many choose to believe what they see in the media and the opinion of the undefined so-called vast majority so you will not be lonely in your view. That's what the Al Gores are counting on.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:27 AM  

Montreal
All i see is climatologists doing their research on the climate and reporting their findings,What results would you like to see them report? As their current reporting of their data seems to not be meeting with your approval.. ,
if you want to believe in sinister plots ,deceptions and conspiracy theories and that all the climate scientists are in cahoots for some nefarious reasons ..
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 AM  

Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Actually, I think most Americans accept the fact that every facet of our government lies to us daily. And most believe that elections are rigged.

Are you referring to government in general or just the current government.?
Do you think the democratic system of voting for your government is rigged no matter who wins? As it seems the cycle of Republican/Democrat alternates both ways.
I have no data to back up my opinion but i doubt most Americans distrust their government to that extent,if they did why would anybody bother to vote?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
In most elections, a third or less vote.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:14 AM  

Montreal
My take on voting is if you dont vote you cant complain about who ends up running the country..
Old 08-18-2014, 12:21 PM  

Quote:
All i see is climatologists doing their research on the climate and reporting their findings,What results would you like to see them report? As their current reporting of their data seems to not be meeting with your approval.. ,
if you want to believe in sinister plots ,deceptions and conspiracy theories and that all the climate scientists are in cahoots for some nefarious reasons ..
I will restate a simple truth that would probably apply to climatologists as well. I had an email exchange with our local weatherman and his response was that he preferred to believe what he had been taught. Kids are now being indoctrinated with AGW in grade school. Why? Because it's the government's position and the media is but a waterboy.
Quote:
As for scientists can you even imagine a professor gaining tenure if he dare go against the AGW flow, much less being able to publish a paper? Also can you imagine a scientist gaining a government grant to study AGW unless his position has passed the litmus test?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:23 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
My take on voting is if you dont vote you cant complain about who ends up running the country..
I vote. But most of the people who do vote will tell you that they are voting for the lesser of two evils. We haven't had a good candidate for president in a long time.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:10 AM  

Montreal
From what i'm seeing in the media and on forums theres much hate and discontent in todays America, i cant see much that can be done to turn that situation around, Talks of secession by states, civil wars and insurrection neighbor hating neighbor make me think Americas best days are in the past..:sad:

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!