Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2011, 07:40 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheucus View Post
Try to find one independent climatologist who doesn't agree that we are indeed causing it, AND that it is actually WORSE (speeding up faster) than they projected.

Scientist's worldwide, who have no financial interest in pushing it one way or the other, are incredulous that evening news talking heads can cause the confusion over this subject that it has.

Fla. may not go under in 30 years, but it wont be a helluvalot longer than that.
not attacking your position specifically, but do you have any basis for these claims? Remember that global warming brings in the research dollars so that is a financial interest as well. we would hope scientists are above that but we know good and well they are human too, and as such are swayed by grant money.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:16 PM  

Detroit, michigan
...."History has shown that science does not provide certainty, it does not provide "truth". What it provides us with is the consensus of experts, based on the organized accumulation and scrutiny of evidence" -Naomi Oreskes

Hi redjeep.
The interchanging of ideas is how we learn.
I am open to the opposing side of my belief(s). If There is evidence to the contrary of my belief I have to change my mind, or know that what I espouse is possibly untrue.
No sane person would want to be in that position.

Gravity is just a theory. It too was scoffed at when introduced, but we all (I hope) now believe in gravity, no?
There is alot I could post here but I'll try to keep it brief.
If you will watch this 10 minute video (I know, "A utube video?") I'm sure you'll find it time well spent.

When I have a clogged drain, I don't call an Electrician.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Fla. may not go under in 30 years, but it wont be a helluvalot longer than that.
The only way I'd buy beach front property in the next century or two was if I lived in Arizona.
Climate Change - Fact or Fiction?-beachfront.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.