Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 AM  

The Debt Generation

This is the best thing to come out of Knoxville since Peyton Manning.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:28 PM  

Houston, Texas
Gotta admit it's true. I also noticed that this vid was made by a Republican organization so I would hardly expect it to be objective or unbiased. What this vid does not mention is that every generation inherits the prior generations debt. This is not limited to Obama but includes Bush, Clinton and the other Bush. When we speak about a "generation" how is that defined when there overlapping groups within the same time frame. Used in this sense the word "generation" becomes ambiguous.
But, I do agree.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM  

Just a note on the cost of servicing the debt. In FY2011 approx $454.4 billion paid in interest, so far in FY2012 approx $241.5 billion paid in interest.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:32 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
and at this point eddie, what are the alternatives? do you really think Mitt will bring the debt under control by lowering taxes on the rich? Because I am sure that will reduce our debt, right?

who are YOU voting for?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
and at this point eddie, what are the alternatives? do you really think Mitt will bring the debt under control by lowering taxes on the rich? Because I am sure that will reduce our debt, right?

who are YOU voting for?
Mitt is not exactly my choice, but there is no way I could vote for Obama. The country may not be able to survive another four years of Obama.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
Mitt is not exactly my choice, but there is no way I could vote for Obama. The country may not be able to survive another four years of Obama.
Goes along with what I've said for a long time. We don't vote for the best candidate, we vote for the lesser of evils. Could be that's how Obama was voted in. Reminder me, who was the Republican nominee?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads