Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM  

Department of Energy

Copied from Yahoo answers, note this was back in 2008, any updates?
Quote:
Bottom line . . we've spent several hundred billion dollars in support of an agency the reason for which not one person who reads will know or can recall. Ready? It was very simple, and at the time everybody thought it very appropriate. The Department of Energy was instituted 8-04-1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil! Pretty efficient, huh?
And now it is 2008, 31 years later and the budget for this necessary department is at $24.2 billion a year. They have 16,000 federal employees and approximately 100,000 contract employees and look at the the job they have done! Can you list some accomplishments or is this were we slap our forehead and say 'what were we thinking?'

Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Copied from Yahoo answers, note this was back in 2008, any updates?
well power, primarily regarding nuclear power... I don't think I would trust corporations alone to regulate themselves safety wise.

Easy to pick on agencies you don't know the details about but in the end do you know what they do? or is a yahoo answer question all your research on this topic?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
well power, primarily regarding nuclear power... I don't think I would trust corporations alone to regulate themselves safety wise.

Easy to pick on agencies you don't know the details about but in the end do you know what they do? or is a yahoo answer question all your research on this topic?
Yeah, Letterman hasn't provided any details yet!

Excuse me but doesn't NRC regulate nuclear? Details, details . . .

Update: For 2012 Obama requests $29.5 billion!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!