Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2011, 06:43 AM  
Traveler

Dick Cheney's New Book

CNN's topic of the day.

No comment really. He is Dick Cheney--he said what he has always said.

Waterboarding and other security measures--appropriate measures at the time. Will not back down.

Described Condeleeza Rice as tearful when discussing North Korea--she said, 'You were right.' Not much of a topic, imo, the interviewer probed anyway. 'Describing a powerful woman as 'tearful'. Did you mean to say she was crying. Cheney--'If I had wanted to say that I would have.'

Fascinating.

Colin Powell is responding. Others --no comment.

Have a great day.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:48 PM  

I don't bother reading any of these type of books anyway. I don't understand why anyone would have the interest, that's just me.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I don't bother reading any of these type of books anyway. I don't understand why anyone would have the interest, that's just me.

I suppose there is money to be made?

I don't know where we stand with 'justice' for the terrorists at Guatanamo. I believe waterboarding is banned and I have no idea what else has changed.

In some political forums all sorts of conspiracy theories are posted about anything concerning the military/government. My mind cannot deal with all the possibilities. There is some degree of truth, I suspect but I would never be able to find it.

Today's news featured absolute horror stories from Libya--a nanny of Gadhafi's daughter--scalded and left to die. They are seeking help for her outside of Libya. A warehouse where rebels were executed and a woman who had been raped several times was made to execute the prisoners.

What should be done? NATO/UN is now responsible for such political atrocities?

Too deep of a topic for an online discussion, possibly.

~~~
Another book---
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...1-attacks.html

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!