Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM  

DNC Rejects Christian Gift Baskets

Bobby Mac (radio call-in talk show)said that the DNC banned dozens of Charlotte churches from distributing gift baskets to delegates because the congregations hold values that are contrary to the party platform. I found this link confirming it; http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...t-baskets.html

Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
considering religious groups almost always tend to at least at some level to be anti-science, anti-freedom, anti-human rights I don't see the issue

Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
considering religious groups almost always tend to at least at some level to be anti-science, anti-freedom, anti-human rights I don't see the issue
Methinks the problem here was God and abortion.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Methinks the problem here was God and abortion.
so same as what I said basically......
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 AM  

Quote:
so same as what I said basically......
Probably, if one is a member of the democrat party.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:37 PM  
Broker / REALTOR

Chicago, IL
Quote:
Bobby Mac (radio call-in talk show)said that the DNC banned dozens of Charlotte churches from distributing gift baskets to delegates because the congregations hold values that are contrary to the party platform. I found this link confirming it; http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...t-baskets.html
I'm sure the gifts can be distributed to needy persons without getting the DNC involved - unless there's an agenda connected to these "gifts".
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestHomes View Post
I'm sure the gifts can be distributed to needy persons without getting the DNC involved - unless there's an agenda connected to these "gifts".
I suspect that there was a bit of lobbying in the effort, after all unborn children are worth lobbying for. If one were a "single issue" voter the unborn is a worthy issue.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
I suspect that there was a bit of lobbying in the effort, after all unborn children are worth lobbying for. If one were a "single issue" voter the unborn is a worthy issue.
which makes sense if you also support a strong welfare system and regulations to assist in maternal/paternity expenses.....

allowing abortion is why our crime is as low as it is, you really want to live in a more violent crime filled society so badly don't you? I would suggest many third world countries that have your dreams of religious christian-sharia laws and low government intervention/services but yet you stay here.... why?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
which makes sense if you also support a strong welfare system and regulations to assist in maternal/paternity expenses.....

allowing abortion is why our crime is as low as it is, you really want to live in a more violent crime filled society so badly don't you? I would suggest many third world countries that have your dreams of religious christian-sharia laws and low government intervention/services but yet you stay here.... why?

I see what you did there. So, if I am against the welfare state then I should be for the murdering of the unborn because they might need welfare or become criminals? Is that what you just said? I just have to disagree.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I see what you did there. So, if I am against the welfare state then I should be for the murdering of the unborn because they might need welfare or become criminals? Is that what you just said? I just have to disagree.
but you feel perfectly ok to let them die after birth since you want everyone for themseleves healthcare, funny how you support more rights and protections for the unborn than the born.....

I am not talking about a "might" condition here, I am talking about what the data shows (and not just one study, the data is linked by each state when the states legalized it earlier and from multiple countries), and that is the case crime rate is directly reduced by allowing abortion

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.