Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate

Reply
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,682 | Kudos: +84
Doctors? attitudes on the future of medicine

Check this out to find what doctors think about the situation:
http://www.doctorsandpatients.org/re...rvey-june-2012
__________________

__________________
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 AM  
Administrator
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,647 | Kudos: +231
Images: 16
This will wake up many folks. \\

KEY FINDINGS

90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
This will wake up many folks. \\

KEY FINDINGS

90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
Are these really voting by their conscious or their wallet? we get the worst return on investment for our healthcare dollar than any country, yes there is good care but we way overpay for what we get, iuf these "doctors" want the status quot then they are part of the problem.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:28 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,682 | Kudos: +84
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
Are these really voting by their conscious or their wallet? we get the worst return on investment for our healthcare dollar than any country, yes there is good care but we way overpay for what we get, iuf these "doctors" want the status quot then they are part of the problem.
. . . and the government is the rest of the problem.
__________________
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:46 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,563 | Kudos: +97
Many of the physicians are incompetent and their colleagues hide it. I would like to see that fixed, also.
My cousin's wife died when her doctor overdosed her on morphine. He sued and won but the doctor is still treating patients.
My wife almost died because of an incompetent doctor.
He is still practicing medicine.
20 years ago I almost died because a doctor prescribed 2 meds for me that cannot be taken together. Luckily a E.R. doctor realized what was wrong.
This happens on a daily basis and the medical community covers their butt.
__________________
http://www.flooringforum.com/forum/


AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:09 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
. . . and the government is the rest of the problem.
because the free market has proven to be the best answer which is why NO developed country depends on a free market health system, it just doesn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Many of the physicians are incompetent and their colleagues hide it. I would like to see that fixed, also.
My cousin's wife died when her doctor overdosed her on morphine. He sued and won but the doctor is still treating patients.
My wife almost died because of an incompetent doctor.
He is still practicing medicine.
20 years ago I almost died because a doctor prescribed 2 meds for me that cannot be taken together. Luckily a E.R. doctor realized what was wrong.
This happens on a daily basis and the medical community covers their butt.
and examples like this show the danger of the republican health agenda of just limiting lawsuit awards, imagine how bad that would get if doctors had very little chance of being able to be sued. (which also has been tried already in texas and health premiums actually went up compared to other states)
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:24 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,682 | Kudos: +84
So many still prefer a nanny state over freedom.
__________________
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:44 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
So many still prefer a nanny state over freedom.
another one liner from eddie, what a surprise......

explain, how is essentially being locked into corporate based healthcare a freedom?
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:20 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,682 | Kudos: +84
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
another one liner from eddie, what a surprise......

explain, how is essentially being locked into corporate based healthcare a freedom?
Explain how expanding government is a freedom.
__________________
"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Explain how expanding government is a freedom.
you answer a question for once, it's no fun responding but can't get any real, meaningful argument out of you.
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.