Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
you answer a question for once, it's no fun responding but can't get any real, meaningful argument out of you.
And you have meaningful arguments?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:06 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
And you have meaningful arguments?
I make an effort to explain my position, instead of coming in here with one liners and refusing to explain statements when asked over a half dozen times like I did in one thread, I don't think you ever even did explain it.

I understand why you don't backup your statements, you need something to stand on to do that, awfully hard to support the republicans when the facts clearly show that everything the republicans keep pushing for doesn't work.

if you want to believe in fairy tales that the republicans tell you that they can somehow let you eat the cake, still have the cake, not pay for the cake and not gain any calories from eating the cake, obviously I can't stop you from believing that. but in the real world a balance is needed, we can't "cut" our way to prosperity, we can't have zero safety nets and not have societal problems, we can't have no real wage growth and just rely on credit like the republicans have been pushing policies for while continuing to ignore the very real issues of healthcare, a balance is needed, some of us see that and want a better country while some of us are hoodwinked into the republican agenda to take more from the middle class and give it to the people at the top.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:31 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
New math........

Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
I make an effort to explain my position, instead of coming in here with one liners and refusing to explain statements when asked over a half dozen times like I did in one thread, I don't think you ever even did explain it.

I understand why you don't backup your statements, you need something to stand on to do that, awfully hard to support the republicans when the facts clearly show that everything the republicans keep pushing for doesn't work.

if you want to believe in fairy tales that the republicans tell you that they can somehow let you eat the cake, still have the cake, not pay for the cake and not gain any calories from eating the cake, obviously I can't stop you from believing that. but in the real world a balance is needed, we can't "cut" our way to prosperity, we can't have zero safety nets and not have societal problems, we can't have no real wage growth and just rely on credit like the republicans have been pushing policies for while continuing to ignore the very real issues of healthcare, a balance is needed, some of us see that and want a better country while some of us are hoodwinked into the republican agenda to take more from the middle class and give it to the people at the top.
If the choice is between Obama and "anyone" I just have to choose "anyone". If Obama gets another four years America as we know it will be history (and that will be re-written). Meanwhile the debt grows by $4 billion or so per day.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
We will survive. There have been worse presidents than Obama. Jimmy Carter for one.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
We will survive. There have been worse presidents than Obama. Jimmy Carter for one.
Carter was bad enough but he wasn't the enemy to freedom that Obama is.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:08 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Loss of freedom. How about Bush's Patriot act? That was an intrusion into privacy. He even wanted the libraries to keep track of what books you read and the video stores to keep track of the movies you rented.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Loss of freedom. How about Bush's Patriot act? That was an intrusion into privacy. He even wanted the libraries to keep track of what books you read and the video stores to keep track of the movies you rented.
That was a bad one! Even Obama ridiculed the size of the bill, but that was before Obamacare which trumps the Patriot Act in volume and loss of freedom.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
And Obamacare is amost identical to the mandatory health care plan that Romney pushed thru in Massachusetts. I don't know what the answer is, but our current health care is awful. We have the most expensive health care in the world and rank 38th in quality of health care. We have people dying in this country for lack of health care. Hopefully someone will come aong and know how to fix it.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM  

The question becomes, does the government owe us all healthcare? If so, how do we pay for it? The government has nothing it didn't take from someone else. Obama makes it sound so simple, tax the wealthy a little more so the middle class can pay less and the debt can be paid down in a balanced manner. However, the sly one really is talking about the deficit not the debt and the debt will rise to over $25 trillion by 2022. Should we as a people grab all we can for ourselves and push this problem to future generations, are we really that greedy?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads