Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
But can a history lesson save us from a 14.3 trillion dollar debt which neither dems nor reps are addressing?
Well the democrats tried to end the bush tax cuts but the republicans have firmly been the party of no, so they tried, the republicans attempt to try is just to destroy medicare. I don't consider those two efforts to be comparable in seriousness

note: 5 and half questions yet for you to respond to

Old 07-16-2011, 02:58 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
Well the democrats tried to end the bush tax cuts but the republicans have firmly been the party of no, so they tried, the republicans attempt to try is just to destroy medicare. I don't consider those two efforts to be comparable in seriousness
So you must think a debt that will not be paid in our lifetime is a good thing? It may be for us, but hows about those who follow?

Old 07-16-2011, 03:34 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
So you must think a debt that will not be paid in our lifetime is a good thing? It may be for us, but hows about those who follow?
where did you get that from that? I fully support adjusting our tax rates to be closer to other developed countries and what we were at previously, This could pay the debt down quickly.

I do not support screwing the average citizen so we can avoid taxing the wealthiest amongst us who have been able to become rich due to the benefits america provides, no I do not support a "screw our seniors but leave our wealthy untouched" approach to solving the budget

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.