Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2015, 12:17 PM  

DOJ Creates New Position

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/14/politi...error-council/ I wonder where this one is headed?

Old 10-18-2015, 01:41 PM  

I wonder if data mining of the citizenry will be on the increase.

"In isolation some of this data is uninteresting, but when compiled into a single unifying picture, it can provide significant insight into a persons life. Consider for a moment that your current location is being tracked while you are at your home, office, or significant other's house. Couple that with your gender and age and then with your geolocated IP address. When all that is placed into a single basket, it's pretty easy to determine who someone is, what they do for a living, who they associate with, and any number of other traits about them. I don't know about you, but that feels a little Orwellian to me." (borrowed)

Speaking of data mining., I recently purchased a smartphone just for internet use. I mainly wanted to stream music using it as an internet radio. I started to download the Simple Radio app but it asked for too many permissions with too much loss of privacy. Computers are bad enough but it seems that Android mobile devices were created to mine data. Of course it's mainly to sell to marketers but will also be available to big brother.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads