Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2010, 01:37 PM  

Austin
No where does it say that those people were guilty of homosexuality, it only says they were wicked.

Plus Jesus died for every ones sins, throwing out the law of the old testament right?

Old 10-13-2010, 01:45 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13 KJV)

From Romans 1

(26) Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. (27) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

I haven't read the verses about Sodom and Gomorrah lately - I'll have to re-read that sometime soon

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM  

Thanks! Now I don't need to go to church this Sunday!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:05 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Thanks! Now I don't need to go to church this Sunday!

Hah you're welcome Anything I can do to help!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-13-2010, 03:06 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Where does it say that?
What does the Bible teach about SODOMY?

We will look at the Old Testament, then the New Testament, and let the word of God speak for itself:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion." (Leviticus 18:22-23, NKJV throughout)
"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. " (Leviticus 20:13)

The New Testament states what happens to those who refuse to acknowledge God:

"Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, . . .

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; " (Romans 1:24, 26-28)

Pretty clear to me. No laying pipe in the stinker!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
No where does it say that those people were guilty of homosexuality, it only says they were wicked.

Plus Jesus died for every ones sins, throwing out the law of the old testament right?
True to a point. He did die for our sins, but the bible is progressive. In order to understand all the "rules" you have to read all of them. The bible isn't just 1 book.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:

ten commandments?

we still should live by their morals....
Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 PM  
Poison Idea

Last time I checked we were a secular nation and guaranteed a separation of church and state. Religious opinions either way are a non issue in regards to DADT.

As for the "it'll make troops uneasy" argument, tough. Homophobia and prejudice aren't grounds to deny homosexuals the right to serve openly as a heterosexual would. By that reasoning would it be ok to have segregated units because some troops are racist?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Last time I checked we were a secular nation and guaranteed a separation of church and state. Religious opinions either way are a non issue in regards to DADT.

As for the "it'll make troops uneasy" argument, tough. Homophobia and prejudice aren't grounds to deny homosexuals the right to serve openly as a heterosexual would. By that reasoning would it be ok to have segregated units because some troops are racist?
i was refering to living by the moral teachings of the old testament as a Christian, not an American.

Have you been through basic? do you understand why things aren't co-ed?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:37 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post

As for the "it'll make troops uneasy" argument, tough. Homophobia and prejudice aren't grounds to deny homosexuals the right to serve openly as a heterosexual would.
Please explain how hetrosexuals flaunt their being strait? Why does sexuality have to be an issue in the first place? Don't people join the armed forces to serve their country not for dating or mating?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!