Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-01-2010, 12:30 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 538 | Kudos: +23
Out on bail with a second degree murder and hit/run charge with a prior? Amazing.
__________________

__________________
Help CityProfile grow!
Join Now!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +10
ya know you can get a DUI or DWI while on a bike, horse, riding lawn mower or any other form of transportation.

I agree with MRmurdoc though if you get a dui it needs to be more serious. lose the car lose the lic. but the filp side is if your get picked up walking for a DIP drunk in public it shoudl only be a very small fine. This allows me to walk home with out being harrases to much or even site out side a closed bar with a coffee for an hour or 2 to sober up.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:43 AM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbranham View Post
if your get picked up walking for a DIP drunk in public it shoudl only be a very small fine.
In the city I retired from, as with most cities in California, if you get arrested for public intoxication, we hold you for 6-8 hours until you sober up, and let you go with no charges filed, unless you were a chronic offender. It's called a "cot and a hot", referring to a cot to sleep on and a hot meal when you wake up. Maybe this is why the state is broke?
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 PM  
Junior Member

Glendora
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 15 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Really I think we should just hang them all from a dang big oak tree in the middle of town.

I have zero use for drug users, dealer, drunks, kid touchers, rapists, killers and the likes.
You scare me.

You don't drink beer at all? That's a drug. Take anything the doctors give you? All drugs. Pharmacists are legitimate dealers.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ
 
VaporLung's Avatar

VA
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 728 | Kudos: +47
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Really I think we should just hang them all from a dang big oak tree in the middle of town.

I have zero use for drug users, dealer, drunks, kid touchers, rapists, killers and the likes.
On many counts I wholeheartedly agree with you, however, I think you are getting some of the lines blurred when it comes to the severity of the 'bad-ju-ju' makers. I dont think you can categorize ALL drug users/drunks and even dealers in some cases, even remotely with the pedos, rapists killers, and otherwise VIOLENT offenders. Sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but as a rule the last 3 of the list are just unsalvageable (THEY should be at the head of the line)

At the same time, the universe NEEDS these people in existence. If it werent for these necessary evils then the things I appreciate wouldnt mean quite so much... (But I still despise the fact that they exist)
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 PM  
Senior Member
 
mrmurdoc34's Avatar

Stafford, Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 582 | Kudos: +55
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
You scare me.

You don't drink beer at all? That's a drug. Take anything the doctors give you? All drugs. Pharmacists are legitimate dealers.
I am not talking about Drugs that you take because they are perscribed to you. I am talking about illegal drugs.

If I drink a beer it is at home and only if I don't have to go anywhere that night.

I had a good friend killed because of a idiot driving while high on pot. The hop head smashed into her from behind and pushed her into an oncoming train. Killed her and her 5 month old baby. Sorry I have seen what drugs do to people and to kids. I don't have use for anyone that used deals or has anything to do with illegal drugs. If there were no drug dealers wouldn't be much of a problem. And for all you that thing Pot doesn't hurt anyone You have never been in the hills of Northern CA. I grew up there, We would go over to the coast and camp. Couldn't go hiking in the hills beause you might get shot over some stinking nasty hippies pot plants. If I could I would invent a virus that attacked pot plants and release it all over the world. Seen people poisned because they drank water our of their tap and there was a pot plantation upstream.

To me a drug dealer is the same as a child molester. They should be removed from the face of the earth.

If you don't like that oh well I don't really care.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ
 
VaporLung's Avatar

VA
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 728 | Kudos: +47
Images: 2
I can see your point, but I dont necessarily agree with you. Yes I agree that the idiot who was stoned shouldnt have been on the road (and ultimately killed your friend) -That doesnt make the plant 'bad'. Peoples chemicals were getting into the water supply from their grows, and dirty hippies were shooting at you. -IMO this is a result of the fact that there are no regulations to oversee any of these safeguards. (its called prohibition) We have people poisoning our waterways every single day, and its in the name of industry and big business that provides everyday things for us.

The exact same thing could have happened if that said user was on drugs that had been prescribed to him by his family physician of XX years. How many warnings do they put on those bottles? How many reports of overdoses do we hear about from these drugs? How often do you see a new law firm on TV talking about people that were hurt from these said prescription drugs?

Im not saying that we should just legalize it tomorrow and all of our problems would be solved, but I am saying that it appears that you are scapegoating the drug itself - when in fact it is virtually harmless (in the fact that it cant kill you) Its the person who fails to act responsibly as a result of their ingestion of ANY drug and not adhering to the prescribed precautions.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 AM  
facepalm
 
jeepcache's Avatar

Minot, ND
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722 | Kudos: +57
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I can see your point, but I dont necessarily agree with you. Yes I agree that the idiot who was stoned shouldnt have been on the road (and ultimately killed your friend) -That doesnt make the plant 'bad'. Peoples chemicals were getting into the water supply from their grows, and dirty hippies were shooting at you. -IMO this is a result of the fact that there are no regulations to oversee any of these safeguards. (its called prohibition) We have people poisoning our waterways every single day, and its in the name of industry and big business that provides everyday things for us.

The exact same thing could have happened if that said user was on drugs that had been prescribed to him by his family physician of XX years. How many warnings do they put on those bottles? How many reports of overdoses do we hear about from these drugs? How often do you see a new law firm on TV talking about people that were hurt from these said prescription drugs?

Im not saying that we should just legalize it tomorrow and all of our problems would be solved, but I am saying that it appears that you are scapegoating the drug itself - when in fact it is virtually harmless (in the fact that it cant kill you) Its the person who fails to act responsibly as a result of their ingestion of ANY drug and not adhering to the prescribed precautions.
i think that marijuana IS harmful to the body similar to alchohol BUT i do agree with the above post. prohibition creates more crime then it cures.


back on topic.



DUI's (i think) should result in a 10 year suspension of your driving privileges.

presonally i have never agreed with government seizure of personal property. sure the offendant should not be alowed to be in possesion of a motorized vehicle. i think they should be required to move it to a family members house or sell it them selves in a timely manner, but i dont think it's
right for the government to take something like a car that could have finacial ties to the entire family.

and in response to th idea that criminals and wrong doers should be removed from Gods green earth

are you perfect? have you made mistakes? what makes your mistakes better or worse then anyone elses. we are all human. not one of us is perfect. sure violent repeat offending criminals should be dealt with accordingly on a case by case basis, but carpet bomb them all? i have a family member who had an accident while he was drunk. he slammed into a stopped car, injuring both parties. he paid his dues and he's ten years sober now. him too? not so easy to generalize when you actually think about what you're saying is it...
__________________
"the path of greatest resistance reaps the greatest rewards"
-me
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:50 PM  
Senior Member
 
mrmurdoc34's Avatar

Stafford, Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 582 | Kudos: +55
Images: 1
I tell you what ask the wife and kids of the CALTRANS Worker that was ran over directing traffic at the scene of another drunk driving wreak that kill mother father and a 6 year old boy and left the 7year old boy without anyone in a coma in Berkley. Ask them if the govt should seize cars of these disgusting drunks. Both drunks in this case were 3 or 4 time offenders neither had a DL but they still had a dang car. One was supposed to have the ignition interlock but failed to get it installed in 6 months. He should have been thrown in prison for that.

Sorry if you get a DUI should should be charged with attempted murder. My parents have lost $1k worth of fencing about 5 times due to drunk drivers. Not one was made to pay for the damages my parents had to foot the bill for their mistakes.

I am sick and tired of hearing about drunk driving. Cops should sit out side the bars and pull over anyone driving away from one and give them a breath test. If you fail jail and an attempted murder charge.

Driving is not a RIGHT it is a privilege. If you are driving drunk you just proved that you can't handle that privilege so therefor is should be removed from you permanently.

As for mistakes I have made some doozy mistakes. but, I am not trying to kill people. Every mistake I made I maned up and took the punishment. Just like when I got nailed for speeding and lost my license for 60 days. I didn't drive. If I needed something I walked or my wife drove me. I paid the fine took my punishment and drove on took care of business and haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 2 years.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is what it comes down to. Too many people are not taught it. They are taught that if you do something wrong it is ok to blame it on some one else.

Quote:
DUI's (i think) should result in a 10 year suspension of your driving privileges.
I would accept that as a nice compromise over letting them drive and never ever letting these worthless SOB back on the road.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 PM  
facepalm
 
jeepcache's Avatar

Minot, ND
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722 | Kudos: +57
Images: 1
there is NOTHING in this country that is a privilege. nothing.
__________________

__________________
"the path of greatest resistance reaps the greatest rewards"
-me
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.