Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
People like cops & pilots are understandably held to a different standard. Boston may not count.
You want a druggie cooking your food? fixen your car? building your house? repairing your plumbing? how bout an alcoholie? how bout the guy next to you working? I was subjected to testing and as you know, I'm just a wana be mall ninja, not a cop or a pilot.

BTW calling all southerners nazi's & bigots is as bigoted and stereo typing as the bigotry you acues them of being.
__________________

__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
You want a druggie cooking your food? fixen your car? building your house? repairing your plumbing? how bout an alcoholie? how bout the guy next to you working? I was subjected to testing and as you know, I'm just a wana be mall ninja, not a cop or a pilot.
I wrote an employer had the right to test in the workplace. I'm an alcoholic and my job rating all attested to the high standard I held myself to. Mall Ninjas are another story.

Quote:
BTW calling all southerners nazi's & bigots is as bigoted and stereo typing as the bigotry you acues them of being.
Never said or meant all but there are certainly a few dark corners left in Dixie. Visit Mississippi but look deeper than the casinos.
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
You want a druggie cooking your food? fixen your car? building your house? repairing your plumbing? how bout an alcoholie? how bout the guy next to you working? I was subjected to testing and as you know.....
and who says they aren't, they generally only test for the initial hiring, after that it's very rare for a company to do so. many people will quit just long enough to get a job or often find a way to cheat on the tests.

also while we are on this I think we should set rules for congress along the same lines, where we set a 60% rule, where they get benefits and restrictions set according to the standards of of what 60% of the top 100 corporations set, so if 60% no longer offer pensions then no pension for congressmen, same for drug tests, or other job benefits such as healthcare, etc....
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
and who says they aren't, they generally only test for the initial hiring, after that it's very rare for a company to do so. many people will quit just long enough to get a job or often find a way to cheat on the tests.

also while we are on this I think we should set rules for congress along the same lines, where we set a 60% rule, where they get benefits and restrictions set according to the standards of of what 60% of the top 100 corporations set, so if 60% no longer offer pensions then no pension for congressmen, same for drug tests, or other job benefits such as healthcare, etc....
You're right, most employers don't. I did work for an employer who did the initial and random testing and there are few ways to beat the test. In my situation, I would arrive for work, and they would have pulled my badge, (no not a cop) and I would call my supervisor and tell him/her then report to in-plant medical for random uninalises. Anything in my system within 30 days would show up. You have to carry a list of all meds., for 30 days, legal over the counter, prescibed by Dr., all. It's pretty hard to cheat with that and yes, I think employers should if they want.

As for the congress, I am unaware of what they get. But I think they should already be random drug tested, same with cops, healthcare providers, firefighters and service personel too. All public servants.
__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
also while we are on this I think we should set rules for congress along the same lines, where we set a 60% rule, where they get benefits and restrictions set according to the standards of of what 60% of the top 100 corporations set, so if 60% no longer offer pensions then no pension for congressmen, same for drug tests, or other job benefits such as healthcare, etc....
PLEASE let me vote for that soon!
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
But I think they should already be random drug tested,
Makes plenty of sense after discovering the most rabid anti gay & pedophile Congressmen were who they claimed to hate.

Congress votes their own benefit package so you can guess it's quality.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:31 AM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Makes plenty of sense after discovering the most rabid anti gay & pedophile Congressmen were who they claimed to hate.

Congress votes their own benefit package so you can guess it's quality.
That's probably the only truly bipartisan thing they vote on...

And it probably gets through long before any deadline comes up!
__________________

__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.