Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I can see how someone on the extreme right would think that. Because she correctly identified several of the relationships between private enterprise and public works, she's educated. Because she suggests that public works are good for private enterprise, she's a communist. Because her conclusions differ from those of the delusional right, she's filthy and an idiot.

Makes perfect sense.

"Whether", not "Weather". Education FTW.
Damn got me on that one. It's been over 30 years since UCLA for me. Become somewhat stupid with grammer and spelling due to paying others to do it for me too long. Actually just got a "good enough" passing grade in the required english.

Owned and run several businesses over the years and am financially comfortable. Some think I have too much $$$ and should share more of it around. I say nay and that a person can never have enough $$$. No one gave me a red cent to start any of these ventures and all are successful. I take all the risk, and make all the sacrifices. No one else has for me and no one ever will, especially the government. I create revenue by my business activities and for that all should be grateful.....But nooooo they always want more and want to make it more difficult to make a buck so I can give them their effin' revenue and still get mine. I pay alot in taxes already and thats after taking every advantage in deductions and write offs within the tax code. To jack up my taxes more for what I do... To regulate me for for what I do, makes me question if it's all worth it anymore.

Now heres the real deal. People like me are not going to take a personal financial hit or cut when the government or the poeple wants more from us. We will always get ours no matter what and no government and no one is ever going to change that. We do things like lay off employees, cut wages, down size, go off shore, go more liquid and rat hole our $$$, etc, etc, etc... Taxing and regulating us more has never worked and never will and to think that it ever will is ludicrous.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 PM  

The lady is in left field. I went to HS in NC paid for by property taxes in NC (before the useless Department of Education got involved). I then went to work for E.J. Brach & Sons in Chicago, no connection with the cost of my education. Brach pays property taxes and income taxes in Illinois, no connection to my education. Brach ships its candy via trucking lines that pay road tax via licensing fees, income tax on profits and property taxes on their facilities. The truck drivers were educated with no connection to Brach and pay income taxes on their wages or profits. I doubt that Chicago added any more bodies to the police force or FD because Brach was there but that's Chicago's problem and not the US Treasury that the lady is addressing. While in Chicago I paid no property taxes but I lived in an apartment that someone paid property taxes on as well as income tax on my rent (so in effect I contributed to both). So, like I say, the lady is way out in left field with her entry into class warfare and her logic sucks as does . . .

Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Hey another thing I got to add... I'm far from extreme right or conservitive except when it comes to money and fiscal responsibility. Neither am I extreme left. I do not attend or am in any form or fashion involved with either left or right wing groups such as the tea party. I'm anti religion but am a little spiritual and definitely an evolutiionst. I'm a registered republican but do vote for democrat and libertarian candidates. However, for many years, I have felt that no political party has represented the folks like me in this country.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Hey another thing I got to add... I'm far from extreme right or conservitive except when it comes to money and fiscal responsibility. Neither am I extreme left. I do not attend or am in any form or fashion involved with either left or right wing groups such as the tea party. I'm anti religion but am a little spiritual and definitely an evolutiionst. I'm a registered republican but do vote for democrat and libertarian candidates. However, for many years, I have felt that no political party has represented the folks like me in this country.
Ditto what he said, weather ya'll like it or not.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 AM  

Quote:
This is me as well, except I am not anti-religion, I just don't care about one's spiritual beliefs personally.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
This is me as well, except I am not anti-religion, I just don't care about one's spiritual beliefs personally.
I don't care about anothers spiritual beliefs either. Their private and should stay that way. I'm kind of into the Zen / Budest thing which is really a philosphy.

Actually I mostly live by one rule and thats to do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Also to stay away from groups and or collectives.

Oh and I alomost forgot.... Don't drink hot beer...It's bad for you.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:00 AM  

What one hears about the TEA party is not all true, democrats try to paint an extreme picture of it much like several posters do on these threads. TEA is an acronym for "taxed enough already" and seeks fiscal conservatism. I know a lot of people of the TEA party bent and they are just good neighbors with no plans for control of your life. To us Obama and the ever controlling left is the extreme.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
So, like I say, the lady is way out in left field with her entry into class warfare and her logic sucks as does . . .
Elizabeth Warren
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren (born Elizabeth Herring;[1] June 22, 1949)[2] is an American attorney, law professor, and United States Senate candidate. She served as Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. She is also the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law at Harvard Law School, where she has taught contract law, bankruptcy, and commercial law. In the wake of the 2008-2011 financial crisis, she became the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel created to oversee the U.S. banking bailout (formally known as the Troubled Assets Relief Program). She long advocated for the creation of a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,[3][4] which was established by the Dodd?Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act signed into law by President Barack Obama on July 21, 2010. As the special advisor she worked on implementation of the CFPB.
On May 24, 2010, Time magazine called Warren, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Chairman Sheila Bair, and Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Mary Schapiro the "New Sheriffs of Wall Street" in a cover story.[5] On September 17, 2010, she was named a special adviser by President Obama to oversee the development of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The position included the responsibility of recommending a director for this new entity. She was not chosen for the post, with Obama instead nominating Richard Cordray, subject to Congressional approval.
On September 14, 2011, she announced that she would be running for the Massachusetts United States Senate seat currently held by Republican Scott Brown.[6]
Quote:
Career

Warren joined Harvard Law School in 1992 as the Robert Braucher Visiting Professor of Commercial Law. Prior to Harvard, she was the William A. Schnader Professor of Commercial Law at University of Pennsylvania School of Law and also taught at the University of Texas School of Law, University of Houston Law Center, University of Michigan and Rutgers School of Law?Newark.
From 2005 to 2008, Warren and her law students wrote a blog called Warren Reports, part of Josh Marshall's TPMCafe.
Warren appeared in the documentary film Maxed Out in 2006, has appeared several times on Dr. Phil to talk about money and families, has been a guest on The Daily Show,[12] is interviewed frequently on cable news networks,[13] appears in Michael Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story, has appeared on the Charlie Rose talk show,[14] and has appeared on the Real Time With Bill Maher talk show.[15] She has also appeared on the PBS show NOW.[16]
Warren is a member of the FDIC's Committee on Economic Inclusion and the Executive Council of the National Bankruptcy Conference. She is the former Vice-President of the American Law Institute and a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. She served as the Chief Adviser to the National Bankruptcy Review Commission.
Elizabeth Warren Blasts GOP 'Class Warfare' Charge, Tax Cuts For The Rich (VIDEO)

Quote:
Popular works

In addition to writing more than 100 scholarly articles and six academic books, Warren has written several best-selling books, including All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan (ISBN 978-0-7432-6988-9), coauthored with her daughter, Amelia Tyagi.
Warren is also the co-author (with Tyagi) of The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle-Class Mothers and Fathers Are Going Broke (Basic, 2003) (ISBN 978-0-465-09090-7). Warren and Tyagi point out that a fully employed worker today earns less inflation-adjusted income than a fully employed worker did 30 years ago. To increase their income, families have sent a second parent into the workforce. Although families spend less today on clothing, appliances, and other consumption, the costs of core expenses like mortgages, health care, transportation, child care, and taxes have increased dramatically. The result is that, even with two income earners, families no longer save and have incurred greater and greater debt.
In an article in The New York Times, Jeff Madrick said of Warren's book:
? The upshot is that two-income families often have even less income left over today than did an equivalent single-income family 30 years ago, even when they make almost twice as much. And they go deeper in debt. The authors find that it is not the free-spending young or the incapacitated elderly who are declaring bankruptcy so much as families with children. ... their main thesis is undeniable. Typical families often cannot afford the high-quality education, health care and neighborhoods required to be middle class today. More clearly than anyone else, I think, Ms. Warren and Ms. Tyagi have shown how little attention the nation and our government have paid to the way Americans really live.[17] ?
In an article in Time magazine by Maryanna Murray Buechner, "Parent Trap" (subtitled "Want to go bust? Have a kid. Educate same. Why the middle class never had it so bad"), Buechner said of Warren's book:
? For families looking for ways to cope, Warren and Tyagi mainly offer palliatives: Buy a cheaper house. Squirrel away a six-month cash cushion. Yeah, right. But they also know that there are no easy solutions. Readers who are already committed to a house and parenthood will find little to mitigate the deflating sense that they have nowhere to go but down.[18]
Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Elizabeth Warren Quote Every American Needs To See-elizabeth-warren.jpg 

The Elizabeth Warren Quote Every American Needs To See-image_338.jpg 

Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Damn got me on that one. It's been over 30 years since UCLA for me. Become somewhat stupid with grammer and spelling due to paying others to do it for me too long. Actually just got a "good enough" passing grade in the required english.

Owned and run several businesses over the years and am financially comfortable. Some think I have too much $$$ and should share more of it around. I say nay and that a person can never have enough $$$. No one gave me a red cent to start any of these ventures and all are successful. I take all the risk, and make all the sacrifices. No one else has for me and no one ever will, especially the government. I create revenue by my business activities and for that all should be grateful.....But nooooo they always want more and want to make it more difficult to make a buck so I can give them their effin' revenue and still get mine. I pay alot in taxes already and thats after taking every advantage in deductions and write offs within the tax code. To jack up my taxes more for what I do... To regulate me for for what I do, makes me question if it's all worth it anymore.
The funny part is that you're only taxed on profits. If you think it's too much, please, stop earning them. Go out of business. I'd be willing to pay a higher tax rate if my competitors decided they earned too much money and quit doing business.
Quote:

Now heres the real deal. People like me are not going to take a personal financial hit or cut when the government or the poeple wants more from us.
If you're not going to take the hit on it, why are you fighting it?

Quote:
We will always get ours no matter what and no government and no one is ever going to change that. We do things like lay off employees, cut wages, down size, go off shore, go more liquid and rat hole our $$$, etc, etc, etc... Taxing and regulating us more has never worked and never will and to think that it ever will is ludicrous.
But wait a minute - I thought you said you weren't going to take a hit on it... but now you tell us you're going to downsize, do less business, and somehow keep making the same amount of money?

Let me ask you something: Do you think we all look stupid?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM  

Academicians often lack logic, as in the original quote attempting to incite a less informed populace into thinking their employers are the bad guys. Look at Obama, his education may look good on paper but look at his logic and his results. Yep, this lady is in left field.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.