Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2011, 08:42 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I have a similar sized power boat. When I purchased it new, I had to pay an incredible sales tax. Every time I gas it up, I pay an extreme amount of gas tax (which is designated for road improvement primarily, when it sits in the water to boot!), I pay taxes on my annual boater's sticker fee, I pay an annual tax for a trailer registration fee, when it sits vacant in a dirt lot, and each and every year I pay a luxury tax, which comes as a property tax bill which is based on the price I paid for the boat.

Does this little canoe paddler pay similar taxes? I think not!
Of course he doesn't! Nor does he have the right to utilize the power boat he doesn't own on a public waterway, nor haul haul it down the public road on the trailer he doesn't own.

But you think that little canoe isn't taxed at all? My little canoe is taxed about $25 every three years. The "fuel" I use to power it (usually sub sandwiches) is also taxed, as are the paddles, life vests...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I unwillingly subsidize Southern red beet growers, corn growers, the tobacco industry, a sizable chunk of the healthcare horror show. The last time we had a surplus it was given to the OIL industry so now the same Republicans are horrified by debt?

For a starter I think we have more than enough people for the landmass and needs. Even as it is we'll lose aquifers and suffer floods from current developments. It's almost too expensive to raise a kid through college let alone more than one.

Everyone knows a boat is a hole in the water.........

Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Everyone knows a boat is a hole in the water.........
I sure do agree with you on this!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads