Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Epa

The EPA recently considered trying to regulate the amount of dust on farms. How stupid is that? Of course this is the same agency who wanted to put methane collection devices on cowbutts, so I'm not too surprised.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 AM  

I just saw a story this AM regarding the "Feds" testing brass handles and yes, even leaded glass windows at Disneyland. They all showed signs of lead within the metals, and are now suing Disney to remove all the brass and leaded stained glass windows. This is an overkill IMHO!

Old 10-18-2011, 12:38 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
The EPA recently considered trying to regulate the amount of dust on farms. How stupid is that? Of course this is the same agency who wanted to put methane collection devices on cowbutts, so I'm not too surprised.
Google "Dust Bowl" and then ask if agricultural dust should be completely unregulated. When signs and symptoms crop up today that parallel the signs and symptoms that lead to a terrible disaster, it is a fool who doesn't even take the time to study the cause.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:25 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Google "Dust Bowl" and then ask if agricultural dust should be completely unregulated. When signs and symptoms crop up today that parallel the signs and symptoms that lead to a terrible disaster, it is a fool who doesn't even take the time to study the cause.
So was the EPA plan addressing the cause or just standards to prevent working in dusty environments?

Quote:
And a well regulated populace being necessary for the establishment and maintenance of a socialized state . . .
Old 10-18-2011, 07:16 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
You obviously know nothing about farming.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
So was the EPA plan addressing the cause or just standards to prevent working in dusty environments?
The former is within the EPA's mandate; the latter falls under OSHA's mandate. The former would be concerned with environmental dust; the latter with ensuring workers had proper protective equipment, i.e. dust masks.

And for the record, no, I don't agree with the EPA that agricultural dust is a significant problem. BUT, I only have first-hand knowledge about agricultural dust in my region, where the environment is not conducive to dust-bowl-like effects, and I know that farmers take certain precautions to prevent even the minimal risk we face.

I'd be a fool if I were to base national environmental regulation on my own region. What is sufficient here would probably be a recipe for disaster in the plains states.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM  

I read a very strange story in the newspaper this AM. A family of illegal aliens, oops, not PC...undocumented aliens, come to this beautiful country a few years ago. They produce an anchor child which was recently diagnosed with a rare cancer. They look around their neighborhood and discover a set of train tracks a few blocks away from where they are residing. Yesterday, they get assistance and have just filed a multi-million $ suit against the diesel powered, cancer causing trains, and is now in the court system.

AmeriKa is a berry, berry bueno place to live!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!