Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I expect to see all babies with a chip implanted in a few years. For safety reasons only, of course. (want to buy a bridge?)
kind of less severe then what already is allowed to happen to some of them due to ignorance and greedy doctors..........

I could see it happeneing in the name of protecting the people once a company has a large enough incentive to lobby for it

Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
kind of less severe then what already is allowed to happen to some of them due to ignorance and greedy doctors..........

I could see it happeneing in the name of protecting the people once a company has a large enough incentive to lobby for it
Here we go......

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 PM  

Massillon, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I actually like that idea. Connect your credit card information, and you could just wave your arm to make a purchase, and it would completely eliminate all fraud associated with welfare, etc. Just be careful to watch out for crooks with an extra arm in a bag!
They wouldn't need the extra arm, just a RFID scanner to record the info. That is why many credit card companies are dropping the RFID chip in their card for that "tap and go" pay system. People could just walk within a small distance of you and get it. Unfortunately that is something they have put in your Passport now, too... ID theft made easy.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I expect to see all babies with a chip implanted in a few years. For safety reasons only, of course. (want to buy a bridge?)
That will mean war. You want to chip me your going to have to kill me.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
That will mean war. You want to chip me your going to have to kill me.
I would agree.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!