Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
You don't think we as a society can learn to not rape? You think our young men in uniform can't be taught to not rape?

Is it the human race you feel is bad, or just dudes?

Not a one of those ladies was raped on patrol. They weren't hunkered down in a bunker and all of a sudden they were raped. The were in their barracks, which even if you are not in combat roll, you still live in, correct?



That's not my point at all.

Where did I say that?

My point is ladies no get raped.

Rape bad.
I think rape is an awful thing to do to someone. I simply do not think that having men and women sleeping in the same room is more likely to result in problems than not.

Okay, so you didn't say all civilian women. You compared removing women from the barracks or whatever to removing all women from a city to prevent rape.
I STILL say the two are not comparable.....

I do not necessarily think you can "teach" and have the problem not ever occur again. If that worked then why do we have any crime? Why didn't we just "teach" everyone to do the right thing?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Okay, so you didn't say all civilian women. You compared removing women from the barracks or whatever to removing all women from a city to prevent rape.
I STILL say the two are not comparable.....
I said that? Whatever?

I'm done here, my point is made, Your solution to stop rape is remove ladies. Got it. I think you're wrong.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:38 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
I said that? Whatever?

I'm done here, my point is made, Your solution to stop rape is remove ladies. Got it. I think you're wrong.
That sounds suspiciously like the Arab male ploy of completely covering their women because they can't trust themselves not to behave like animals.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
That sounds suspiciously like the Arab male ploy of completely covering their women because they can't trust themselves not to behave like animals.
Who, me? That's not at all what I said.

He saying remove ladies cause men can't stop themselves from raping them.

Evidently I'm not done.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
....... Controversial I'm assuming means you support or condone rape. It wouldn't be controversial other wise.


As you can see, I DO NOT condone rape, yet my view turns out to be controvercial...If not outright unpopular.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:53 AM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
I'm saying rape happens, all the time,everywhere, war, servicemen, city, rural, the solution is not to remove women because they are being raped.

The solution is to end rape. The solution is to end the rape culture. The solution is to have rape resources, the solution is not to remove women from the army.
I agree. Its not just a problem thats isolated to the military, its everywhere.
But removing women is the wrong way to aproach the problem.
__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:58 AM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
As you can see, I DO NOT condone rape, yet my view turns out to be controvercial...If not outright unpopular.
As in the flat earth theory was controversial?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Actually, I think that the "flat earth" you speak of was accepted as "fact". What was controversial at that time was that the earth was round (turned out to be true).... So good point.. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 AM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Actually, I think that the "flat earth" you speak of was accepted as "fact". What was controversial at that time was that the earth was round (turned out to be true).... So good point.. Thanks.
LMAO

That was awesome, you got good rep points for that.
__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
LMAO

That was awesome, you got good rep points for that.


Thanks, all in good fun though!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.