Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I'm done with responding to your posts. I know where you stand and you are so far from reality that I will no loger waste my time with you.
Really? You mean it? Well, I know where you stand too then. Maybe this forum could become an actual happy place then. Well, I'll tell you something there Mister........ You too are far from reality. You profess to be a church goer, yet you seem to be so stuck on protecting and defending the ultra wealthy. I guess you read a different bible than typical christian folk. You seem to think, based on previous posts from you, that the poor should throw themselves at the rich mans job offerings. You, are no different than the early colonialists who owned slaves. You seem to think your rich folk buddies own the entire planet and all people who happen to not own a good portion of it. The sad fact is that people (if you want to call them that, I prefer scumbags) like the Koch brothers and outfits like Monsanto, already DO own the planet and everything on and in it. I keep waiting for capitalism to fail. Your hero, Georgie boy and his cronies including the very much heartless Dick Chaney, nearly did allow capitalism to self destruct. It was SOCIALISM that in fact, for a fact, saved this country, so the wall street bankers country club could help themselves to even more of our money and resources. What we need is martial law. Overthrow these scumbags and put things back in the control of the PEOPLE! People like you yourself have stated that this country was founded under god. This is the most godless place on the face of the planet. Being on gods side is a bit more than putting on a happy face and going to church so your church buddies can see your percieved rightiousness.........
__________________

__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I'm done with responding to your posts. I know where you stand and you are so far from reality that I will no loger waste my time with you.
So, talking about being fair by paying a union wage, bringing the worker verses CEO pay desparity from 500 times like it today to 40 times like it was in the 1960s, where most folks could actually buy a new car every few years with cash, rather than credit is absolutely not having a clue huh? That's the thing about you teabgrs. You seem to think that your right all the time, everytime. This is exactly why the republicans have dug in for a fight on every single issue, and why you refuse to give in one ioda. You TBs are so arrogant that one of you yelled You lie! while the president was speaking to Congress. .Many republicans including that fat toad that can't even get out of his chair, actually wish our president to fail. WTF is with that? If the president fails, then we fail. You want to shove a stick up your butthole, fine, but at least wish for prosperity for all. It's the jesus thing to do. I'm not even a believer and I actually have to point this out!!!!! I think it's you sir, who doesn't have any idea. Correctly administered socialism works and works well. There's more than enough in this country for everyone, but you and your ilk want all the good stuff for you and your country club friends, while the rest of the people, just like the slaves, can bring up the rear. Even mitt, to Barrack, said during the debates.... "Me first, you'll get your chance.
__________________

__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post


Really? You mean it? Well, I know where you stand too then. Maybe this forum could become an actual happy place then. Well, I'll tell you something there Mister........ You too are far from reality. You profess to be a church goer, yet you seem to be so stuck on protecting and defending the ultra wealthy. I guess you read a different bible than typical christian folk. You seem to think, based on previous posts from you, that the poor should throw themselves at the rich mans job offerings. You, are no different than the early colonialists who owned slaves. You seem to think your rich folk buddies own the entire planet and all people who happen to not own a good portion of it. The sad fact is that people (if you want to call them that, I prefer scumbags) like the Koch brothers and outfits like Monsanto, already DO own the planet and everything on and in it. I keep waiting for capitalism to fail. Your hero, Georgie boy and his cronies including the very much heartless Dick Chaney, nearly did allow capitalism to self destruct. It was SOCIALISM that in fact, for a fact, saved this country, so the wall street bankers country club could help themselves to even more of our money and resources. What we need is martial law. Overthrow these scumbags and put things back in the control of the PEOPLE! People like you yourself have stated that this country was founded under god. This is the most godless place on the face of the planet. Being on gods side is a bit more than putting on a happy face and going to church so your church buddies can see your percieved rightiousness.........
It's perhaps wrong of me to call into question your faith. You mentioned you go to church. Maybe that intails going to the westboro baptist church, where there's a different chink. Maybe you just go to church for other reasons than to learn from the ways of christ. Either way, somewhat sorry in way, if that makes sense.
__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
This.

Oh, and people try to talk about a "living wage" and how fast food places arent paying a "living wage".. No kidding. Not supposed to.
If the percentage of impoverished people on a company's payroll exceeds the percentage of impoverished people in the region where that company does business, that company is in the business of creating poverty. This is the case with most Walmarts and many other retail businesses. The poverty rate among their workforces routinely exceeds the poverty rate of the region where these businesses operate. They are in the business of creating poverty.

And, they should go out of business and those workers should be out of a job. Yes, such companies should be forced out of business and their workers fired. So that they stop competing with businesses that do actually improve the economy, and forcing these "good" companies to close. Alternatively, these "bad" companies should compensate their workforces such that the percentage of their employees who are impoverished is less than that of the population.

Why should we tolerate a business venture that sucks the wealth out of our economy?
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 AM  
Senior Member
 
mrmurdoc34's Avatar

Stafford, Virginia
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 582 | Kudos: +55
Images: 1
Many people were raised right in this country. I was raised to help when I could who I could. I was raised to provide for my family my dad and my stepdad held jobs for 30+ years. My dad infact spent 5 years in the Navy got out and got a job with PG&E in California and he stayed with them for almost 40 years.

My current job isn't paid at what I should be paid at. But, that job allows me extra time to spend with my kids. I get to take my kids with me to work every day. If something comes up like My daughter being placed into a residential mental health facility they never once get upset if I have to take time off to take care of anything to do with her. I work most days from 7 to 3 which gives me time to come home relax for a little bit then prepare a meal for my family which we then sit down at the table and eat together.

I was taught that Family comes first before ANYTHING. I was raised to be independent from the time I was in 5th grade I could function on my own for days. My dad's job kept him out of town many a weeks and my stepmom was a small business owner where she did tax's and book keeping and real estate. During the beginning of the year she was swamped at that time my dad spent many a weeks working storm damage working 22 hour days with no days off till the work was done. I cooked cleaned did my laundry got myself to school and home took care of animals and what ever else needed to be done.

One thing I learned young and got reinforced in the military. The only person looking out for you is you. You do what you need to do for you and your family.

None of this entails being on the doll from the government. The minium wage jobs are not ment to support a family on. If more people figured this simple fact out it would be a much better place out there.

Just like I keep hearing there are no jobs. Last time I looked for me I found tens of thousands of jobs just in VA, DC Maryland.

I have a friend that was working two jobs not because he had to but because he wants to own his own home. His second jobs pay was going directly into a savaings account for a down payment.

If you don't have a drive or goals in life you are going to be nothing more than a leach. Too many people want everything the big house, fancy car, fancy toys and they all want it NOW. Because their parents had it.
__________________
I'm not Sheldon! I'm the Flash! And now I'm going to the Grand Canyon to scream in frustration *takes two quick steps* I'm back
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Many people were raised right in this country. I was raised to help when I could who I could. I was raised to provide for my family my dad and my stepdad held jobs for 30+ years. My dad infact spent 5 years in the Navy got out and got a job with PG&E in California and he stayed with them for almost 40 years.

My current job isn't paid at what I should be paid at. But, that job allows me extra time to spend with my kids. I get to take my kids with me to work every day. If something comes up like My daughter being placed into a residential mental health facility they never once get upset if I have to take time off to take care of anything to do with her. I work most days from 7 to 3 which gives me time to come home relax for a little bit then prepare a meal for my family which we then sit down at the table and eat together.

I was taught that Family comes first before ANYTHING. I was raised to be independent from the time I was in 5th grade I could function on my own for days. My dad's job kept him out of town many a weeks and my stepmom was a small business owner where she did tax's and book keeping and real estate. During the beginning of the year she was swamped at that time my dad spent many a weeks working storm damage working 22 hour days with no days off till the work was done. I cooked cleaned did my laundry got myself to school and home took care of animals and what ever else needed to be done.

One thing I learned young and got reinforced in the military. The only person looking out for you is you. You do what you need to do for you and your family.

None of this entails being on the doll from the government. The minium wage jobs are not ment to support a family on. If more people figured this simple fact out it would be a much better place out there.

Just like I keep hearing there are no jobs. Last time I looked for me I found tens of thousands of jobs just in VA, DC Maryland.

I have a friend that was working two jobs not because he had to but because he wants to own his own home. His second jobs pay was going directly into a savaings account for a down payment.

If you don't have a drive or goals in life you are going to be nothing more than a leach. Too many people want everything the big house, fancy car, fancy toys and they all want it NOW. Because their parents had it.
Yup.

Oh, and there is nothing biblical about "stealing from the rich to give to the poor" (for those who think that there is something about that in the bible..)...
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:47 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
No you silly nilly, that's Robinhood, whom I happen to really like by the way. No, the point I was talking about was that the bible ( I never read it by the way.....) is pretty down on rich people. You go to church (so you say) so you should know full well, that the best teaching medium that jesus (The right wing esteams jesus up there close to Ronald Reagan by the way) used......... was by living by example! So when he said that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich rich man to pass into heaven, I think it's pretty clear that the man had no respect for the wealthy. But just in case you're doubting, he was also brutilly harsh on the money changers at the temple too! So I stand behind my remark.
__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Many people were raised right in this country. I was raised to help when I could who I could. I was raised to provide for my family my dad and my stepdad held jobs for 30+ years. My dad infact spent 5 years in the Navy got out and got a job with PG&E in California and he stayed with them for almost 40 years.

My current job isn't paid at what I should be paid at. But, that job allows me extra time to spend with my kids. I get to take my kids with me to work every day. If something comes up like My daughter being placed into a residential mental health facility they never once get upset if I have to take time off to take care of anything to do with her. I work most days from 7 to 3 which gives me time to come home relax for a little bit then prepare a meal for my family which we then sit down at the table and eat together.

I was taught that Family comes first before ANYTHING. I was raised to be independent from the time I was in 5th grade I could function on my own for days. My dad's job kept him out of town many a weeks and my stepmom was a small business owner where she did tax's and book keeping and real estate. During the beginning of the year she was swamped at that time my dad spent many a weeks working storm damage working 22 hour days with no days off till the work was done. I cooked cleaned did my laundry got myself to school and home took care of animals and what ever else needed to be done.

One thing I learned young and got reinforced in the military. The only person looking out for you is you. You do what you need to do for you and your family.

None of this entails being on the doll from the government. The minium wage jobs are not ment to support a family on. If more people figured this simple fact out it would be a much better place out there.

Just like I keep hearing there are no jobs. Last time I looked for me I found tens of thousands of jobs just in VA, DC Maryland.

I have a friend that was working two jobs not because he had to but because he wants to own his own home. His second jobs pay was going directly into a savaings account for a down payment.

If you don't have a drive or goals in life you are going to be nothing more than a leach. Too many people want everything the big house, fancy car, fancy toys and they all want it NOW. Because their parents had it.
Ahhh yes, the classic republican mantra "I built the cabin I was born in with my own two hands. Yes, and THANK GOD the government comes to the rescue while you and yours are out looking for yourselves, something you guys really excell at. Gotta laugh because this is you guys, perfectly..........
__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
If you don't have a drive or goals in life you are going to be nothing more than a leach. Too many people want everything the big house, fancy car, fancy toys and they all want it NOW. Because their parents had it.
Like I said earlier, you have to pay a living wage to get people interested in working. Why would someone work when they can't afford to put gas in the car? I wouldn't even get out of bed for minimum wages. I wouldn't even get out of bed for twice min wage. I can make more than that on welfare and that's the truth!
__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Many people were raised right in this country. I was raised to help when I could who I could. I was raised to provide for my family my dad and my stepdad held jobs for 30+ years. My dad infact spent 5 years in the Navy got out and got a job with PG&E in California and he stayed with them for almost 40 years.

My current job isn't paid at what I should be paid at. But, that job allows me extra time to spend with my kids. I get to take my kids with me to work every day. If something comes up like My daughter being placed into a residential mental health facility they never once get upset if I have to take time off to take care of anything to do with her. I work most days from 7 to 3 which gives me time to come home relax for a little bit then prepare a meal for my family which we then sit down at the table and eat together.

I was taught that Family comes first before ANYTHING. I was raised to be independent from the time I was in 5th grade I could function on my own for days. My dad's job kept him out of town many a weeks and my stepmom was a small business owner where she did tax's and book keeping and real estate. During the beginning of the year she was swamped at that time my dad spent many a weeks working storm damage working 22 hour days with no days off till the work was done. I cooked cleaned did my laundry got myself to school and home took care of animals and what ever else needed to be done.

One thing I learned young and got reinforced in the military. The only person looking out for you is you. You do what you need to do for you and your family.

None of this entails being on the doll from the government. The minium wage jobs are not ment to support a family on. If more people figured this simple fact out it would be a much better place out there.

Just like I keep hearing there are no jobs. Last time I looked for me I found tens of thousands of jobs just in VA, DC Maryland.

I have a friend that was working two jobs not because he had to but because he wants to own his own home. His second jobs pay was going directly into a savaings account for a down payment.

If you don't have a drive or goals in life you are going to be nothing more than a leach. Too many people want everything the big house, fancy car, fancy toys and they all want it NOW. Because their parents had it.
Ahhh yes, the classic republican mantra "I built the cabin I was born in with my own two hands. Yes, and THANK GOD the government comes to the rescue while you and yours are out looking for yourselves, something you guys really excell at. Gotta laugh because this is you guys, perfectly..........
and
So tell that Parkensons freeloading scumbag to go out and get a job and pay for his own g.d. health insurance..... This is just the thing jesus would have said! A person, for those too stupid to have a brain, shouldn't have to work round the clock to be able to afford a home, healthcare or a car, let alone food gas and other essentials. And yet the amount of pay a CEO makes as verses a common worker is so far out of chink. I keep hoping that there will be a revolution in this country. The Occupy Wall street folks have started it, but they need a more focused direction, more members, a deeper conviction and some help from the government. People can't survive on minimum wage nor even above min wage, and it's no surprise either. There is a revolution coming though. One day. And I hope it ain't too far off either.
__________________

__________________
Jesus was the GREATEST socialist that ever lived!
Ghandi, Michael Moore, Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpton will surely go to heaven.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.