Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
the French cuff cowboy

the French cuff cowboy

Beware of Rick Perry, the French cuff cowboy - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Beware of Rick Perry, the French cuff cowboy
As the presidential race heats up, Rick Perry is seen as just another candidate running for president.

Quote:
If you find yourself wondering how it was you missed the whole 4th season of Walker, Texas Ranger, while forcing yourself to attend Lamaze classes with your significant other. If on cool, crisp days the aforementioned tragedy causes you to wistfully wonder how to fill the emptiness inside - let me introduce you to the Rick Perry for President Campaign.

Perry, who has seemingly been Governor of Texas since around the time when remaining at The Alamo began to look like a questionable career move, is now ready to throw his 10-gallon hat, frothy intellect and custom-made cowboy boots into the national political ring.

Predictably, Democrats are laughing. He's just another dumb Texan. Another mentally challenged Republican. He's Reagan. And George W Bush. He can't win.

Does anyone else see the problem with this line of reasoning? Shhh, don't tell anyone, but Reagan and Bush The Younger served as president for roughly 50 per cent of the past 30 years.

Of course Perry can win, and in fact, if the Obama team keeps thinking that "patent reform" is the new WPA and continues to show that fighting Dukakis spirit, I'd go so far as to give Perry the advantage should he secure the GOP nomination.

Should he be president of anything of more consequence than a glee club? Of course not.

He's made it clear in speeches and his recently released macho-man web advert that he'll do for America what he did for Texas - which probably involves shooting cheetahs recreationally with hollow-tipped bullets and creating benefit-rich employment opportunities for Americans, such as scraping toilets and salting freedom fries.

That's right, the much-vaunted "Texas Miracle" is as fake as Perry, built on the premise that working three minimum wage jobs and going without healthcare (Texas leads the nation in percentage of overall residents and children without healthcare) is some kind of economic Eden, as opposed to say an economic Elba Island.

Perry, meanwhile, is a "cowboy" who wears Armani suits and French cuffs (seriously, French cuffs?). Attacks stimulus spending while taking a heaped helping of it to bail himself out. Uses taxpayer money to enrich his corporate-lobbyist friends - and endangers the United States of America by inviting a Chinese telecom company into Texas that George W Bush's national security team warned him would pose a cyber-security threat to our military - after talking tough on the Chinese in his children's book: Fed Up.

In other words, he's a fraud
the French cuff cowboy-glee.jpg 

Old 08-28-2011, 06:00 PM  
fustrated genius

Al Jareera AKA All-Jihadists? You put credit to what they say? really? I prolly won't vote on this guy unless ALL-Jihadists tells me not to.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Al Jareera AKA All-Jihadists? You put credit to what they say? really? I prolly won't vote on this guy unless ALL-Jihadists tells me not to.
I initially was shocked to find the Arab CNN was even allowed to broadcast. If you check around you'll discover they've turned out to be a very legitimate news service.
It's 1000% more legit than Faux News.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 PM  

Which man would you want to get your back?
the French cuff cowboy-obamaperry22.jpg 

Old 08-28-2011, 08:31 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
c'mon out and admit it Eddie
the French cuff cowboy-barak_obama_and_the_1st_family.jpg 

Old 08-28-2011, 09:20 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
c'mon out and admit it Eddie
I will admit that it's a beautiful family, I just want to see it returned to Chicago where it will be more at home with the political system.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 AM  

I would like to know why there is no picture of the grandmother and all the cousins who decided on day one to move in to the White House as well.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
i would like to know why there is no picture of the grandmother and all the cousins who decided on day one to move in to the white house as well.
zing! +++++
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 PM  

Did you hear Obama's uncle was arrested today, and the only phone call he requested was to the White House?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:11 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
Did you hear Obama's uncle was arrested today, and the only phone call he requested was to the White House?
I did! I laughed for a while.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads