Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
What could anyone possibly have against temporary job creation at $200,000 per pop in taxpayer funds. We can do it again when they run out, and again, and . . .
When you consider that a good chunk of those jobs are infrastructure investment and construction projects that need to be conducted periodically, your argument falls a little flat. Not only *can* we do these again and again, we *must* do these again and again. Scheduling this sort of essential work to help smooth out economic cycles makes a hell of a lot of sense.

A good chunk of the "costs" are of the type that teabaggers don't consider costs. Most are tax incentives to business owners who choose to hire and/or raise the pay and benefits of their employees. They could achieve the same results just be raising the tax rate, but this method is a little more palatable to the average person who conflates high tax rates with high tax payments.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
While it is disassembled, I also wipe down the stock,lightly, with a good quality, non-wax furniture polish.

This may be over-kill, and purist may not like the furniture polish, but all of my Mosin Nagants are in as good or better shape now then when I got them, and I don't mind the work.
No overkill in my book. A nice looking wood stock requires some care and I agree the work is worth it. I had a synthetic stocked .22 for a bit but sold it mostly because I prefer wood.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post

No overkill in my book. A nice looking wood stock requires some care and I agree the work is worth it. I had a synthetic stocked .22 for a bit but sold it mostly because I prefer wood.
Man, I can't wait until I can afford a few good-looking guns. Everything in my safe is either polymer or utilitarian wood - a laminate 870, plain-jane 10/22 carbine... They're all "work" guns that look better with dust and grit and rain and snow than with furniture polish.

I'd love a damascus break action with burled, black walnut stock.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!