Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
GOP voters deeply unhappy

Poll: GOP voters deeply unhappy with 2012 W.H. candidates - Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

[QUOTE]Less than half of Republicans are satisfied with their party's field of potential presidential candidates, according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll.

Just 43 percent said they were content with the GOP lineup, while 40 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents said they weren't satisfied with their choices.

Continue Reading
Mitt Romney, with 16 percent of the vote, was the only potential Republican challenger to register double-digit support when respondents were asked who they would vote for in a primary or caucus. Donald Trump came in second with 8 percent, followed by Mike Huckabee with 6 percent.

But 12 percent of those surveyed said none of the choices they were presented with would get their vote and 33 percent expressed no opinion on the GOP field.

In hypothetical matchups, President Barack Obama edges past all seven of the potential Republican rivals tested in the poll.

Romney runs closest with Obama, taking 45 percent of the vote to Obama's 49 percent. Huckabee comes in second, with 44 percent of the vote to Obama's 50 percent.

Obama fares best against Sarah Palin, taking 55 percent of the vote to Palin's 38 percent.

The poll also tests matchups between Obama and Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty. Obama leads both the former House Speaker and former Minnesota governor by 15-point margins.

Donald Trump and Michele Bachmann each trail Obama by 12 points, according to the poll.

The poll, which surveyed 1,001 adults and was conducted April 14-17, has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
GOP voters deeply unhappy-88-framed-.jpg 

Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 AM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Huckabee seems to be the best choice to me. I believe it will be a cold day in hell before Obama is reelected. P.S. I have a new bumper sticker on my Jeep -- it says, "My dog is smarter than your President"

Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
your dog went to Harvard?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
George W Bush graduated from both Harvard and Yale, and, blucher, I have a feeling you would blame a lot of Obama's problems on his stupidity...

I'd have to agree with kenwood. It's amazing how confident democrats are, even after the most historic shift in history against them in the mid-terms.

I don't really claim either party because they both disgust me; however, in my humble opinion, I don't think there's a chance that Obama will be re-elected. I'm also a bit disappointed that a more qualified opponent hasn't stepped up yet - but I'm sure one will (knock on wood), and I don't think it'll be much of a competition.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
oh and a rebuttal political cartoon, of course!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM  
fustrated genius

I am probably voting a little different than last time. I doubt if there's too many dems real happy over their choices either. It just seems to me that for many elections, it's not a matter of voting FOR a candidate as it is keeping the other one OUT. What a mess and a sorry choice of candidates. Is that dang dog running? I'll vote him in, just to keep the two stupid clowns out. Obama's got to GO, that's all I'm saying. I'm ready to dig up Nixon and vote for HIM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
It's hard to get excited about a bunch of candidates set to plunder the country for their monetary gain.... remember shared sacrifice means a large tax cut for the rich while seniors must pay an extra $6,000 a year for healthcare, you know to share the burden..... With the paul ryan plan that much of the GOP is supporting, plus it depends on a 2.8% unemployment rate...... yeah the democrats assumptions were way off but a 2.8% unemployment rate, that's reasonable
Old 04-19-2011, 06:47 PM  
Just an earthbound misfit

pa
2 parties = 0 choice. As long as this country is ruled by the current political parties, we are going to be treated like great unwashed masses. We are told that we only have a choice between 2 undesirable candidates.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I have a feeling you would blame a lot of Obama's problems on his stupidity...
I have always felt some awe when meeting very bright people of either sex. I don't see his problems as IQ at all. I wanted a return to the "best & the brightest" but forgot a President must trust his advisors. I do question some of the advice he's getting but I like the man and his values. I see a black Jack Kennedy in him and wish we had the Congressional votes to demonstrate it.

Jake, how are the Hawaiian cops about fast bikes? It seems the perfect motorcycle heaven weatherwise.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:19 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gestyr View Post
2 parties = 0 choice. As long as this country is ruled by the current political parties, we are going to be treated like great unwashed masses. We are told that we only have a choice between 2 undesirable candidates.
I agree with this.... Even when Ron Paul was running as a Republican, (in reality, hardly a "republican") he was pretty much kept out of many debates, and out of much of the media. He didn't tow the same line as the two big parties. He had a huge following but lost out because many people were convinced that it was a "wasted" vote to vote for him. That, was the media's goal. The media too is in on this two party system.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!