Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2011, 12:37 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
google "pork checkoff" producers pay a tax on the value that is used for lobbying efforts among other things....
I get it, but it wouldn't be passed on to the consumer (as with corporations) since pork prices are dependent upon the futures market.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I get it, but it wouldn't be passed on to the consumer (as with corporations) since pork prices are dependent upon the futures market.
now there's an illogical argument, so (If I remember correctly you agree with the republican argument that taxes on PROFIT get passed on to the consumer) but you think this will not get passed on because of a futures market???? what??? do you even know how a futures market works, it doesn't just magically absorb a gross tax

Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
now there's an illogical argument, so (If I remember correctly you agree with the republican argument that taxes on PROFIT get passed on to the consumer) but you think this will not get passed on because of a futures market???? what??? do you even know how a futures market works, it doesn't just magically absorb a gross tax
A seller sets a price that permits a profit after all expenses (or a professional employee in good times negotiates a salary that yields enough after taxes to meet his needs). However the futures market determines prices of pork bellies (for example) and the seller has no control.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads