Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2015, 08:55 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Nobody "has" to carry a weapon. It is simply a right guaranteed law abiding citizens by our Constitution. Criminals don't obey gun laws. Gun laws cause law abiding citizens to be vulnerable to attack because criminals know they will be unable to defend themselves. Put a sign up outside your home that says "I don't like guns and I don't have one" and see how that works our for you.

Even if you don't have one, and most American adults do have at least one, the threat to the criminal posed by the possibility gives them pause.
You guys seem to think that packing a gun means that you're going to be another clint eastwood, shooting the bad guys and causing cars to explode as you put a round through someone's grill. People armed with guns still die.....

http://www.kxly.com/news/north-idaho...-duty/32811548. Look at all the cops with police training, the solders who die and they are actually trained and looking for trouble. No, I'm sorry, but if someone wants to kill you, you're dead! They'll hide in the shadows, in the trunk of a car, atop a clock tower or whatever. Being armed lowers your vulnerability, but I tend to think that if two armed folks come up against each other in road rage or an argument of some sort, someone is going to die. Anyways, you guys take care. I gotta go clean my guns!

Old 10-14-2015, 11:06 PM  

You need to put some clothes on. That's disgusting.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:51 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I think each person in America should have a nuclear missle to be sure that the government stays in line with their religious rights belief system. No disrespecting, but I trust our government a hell of a lot more than I would a gun fanatic. But that's just me. You act as if the government is some sort of outside force like North Korea. Our government, while not perfect, are people just like you and I, put there to govern by people like you and I. Isn't there enough war around the world without wanting to start another? We need less John McCains in the world, and more Hillary Clintons!
The Clinton's are just the people I am talking about needing guns for.
http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO...CS/BODIES.html
Old 10-15-2015, 01:07 PM  

Our gun laws SHOULD change just like the guns. When the constitution was written it was done so in a way that it enabled a person to arm themselves JUST AS THE GOVERNMENT DID. No where in the constitution does it say you have the right to only have a bow and arrow, or a flint rock, or a knife. It only states you have to right to bear ARMS! This was so the government couldn't out power you. They didn't say you can't have a cannon either. In that time, the cannon the king of the hill, able to kill many and destroy everything. Yet they didn't say you couldn't have one. Our laws say you can't have automatic weapons, yet the cops and military can. Who do you think our forefathers were trying to protect the people from when they wrote the constitution?

All you anti gun people. Ask yourself this. Did you like the Bush anti terror laws? Did you think they took you rights away? You know, the ones that searched you for no reason, or recorded you calls without a warrant? What would you do if they took away the 1st amendment and then started putting you in jail for speaking out about that? What will you do when they turned on you? Wait for another country to come and save you? Or what would you do when someone robs your home, call the police, the ones that take 10-20 mins to get there?

And if you think that would never happen, they'd never try to take your rights away, ask yourself why are they trying to take the one right (the second) that lets you protect yourself?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:27 AM  
American

https://www.facebook.com/HonorChrisK...3852637675973/

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!