Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Help analyze the Palin e-mails

Read the Palin e-mails - The Fix - The Washington Post

Quote:
UPDATE: We have had a strong response to our crowdsourcing call-out on the Palin e-mails. We've reconsidered our approach and now would like to invite comments and annotations from any interested readers.

Here?s how to participate:Over 24,000 e-mail messages to and from Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday . We?ll be posting them here, and are inviting you to comment on the most interesting or most noteworthy sections. Please include page numbers and, where possible, a direct excerpt. We'll share your comments with our reporters and may use facts or related material you suggest to annotate the documents displayed on The Post site. We may contact you for further details, by way of your registered e-mail with the Post, unless you specify otherwise in the comments.
Quote:
The 24,199 messages cover most of Palin?s tenure, from the beginning of 2007 through September 30, 2008. State officials are printing out the e-mails because they say they do not have the technology to redact sensitive information digitally. Gov. Parnell?s office decided to withhold 2,275 e-mails for privacy reasons and exemptions in the state records law.

Each person or organization who requested copies will get five 55-pound boxes of documents at three cents a page, or $725.97. The price is down significantly from 2008, when Palin?s office told news organizations that the e-mails could cost as much as $15 million.
A challenge is pending in the Alaska Supreme Court over whether the private e-mails about state business should be made public. When Palin was governor, she was criticized for using a private account for work-related reasons. Like some members of the Bush administration, she was accused of attempting to get around open records laws. Courts have ordered her to preserve those e-mails in case they are deemed public.
Sarah Palin’s e-mails: What to expect - The Fix - The Washington Post

you betcha!
Help analyze the Palin e-mails-palin-pop-up-book.jpg 

Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
State officials are printing out the e-mails because they say they do not have the technology to redact sensitive information digitally.
Are you kidding me?

Windows Grep + Find/Replace always works wonders for me.
Then you only have to do it on ONE copy.

*Shakes head*

Old 06-10-2011, 01:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
Are you kidding me?

Windows Grep + Find/Replace always works wonders for me.
Then you only have to do it on ONE copy.

*Shakes head*
What a waste of news organizations money. The only thing they'll discover is stuff already well documented. They have reams of evidence documenting her Twit status. Even her Tweets are silly so what could one expect from email?

This 24/7 news cycle has a nasty habit of sublimating real news to the latest hype This fluff is fodder for that hype machine. If Sarah quits Fox at Roger Ailes insistance it means she's running. Till then this Ship of Fools is already overcrowded and taking on water.
Help analyze the Palin e-mails-rb.jpg 

Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Ugh news media is disgusting

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Ugh news media is disgusting
There's always Fox-News-Infotainment
Old 06-11-2011, 11:43 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha well someone's got to counter the left, don't they? I mean, it's only fair.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 PM  

So,......what have they found? I need to catch up.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Nothing in the releases seems interesting or it would be on the news. Where is Julian Assange when we need a leak of the withheld emails?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads