Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
Election day is only 18 months away. The Republicans don't have the guts to cut a trillion bucks from next year's budget.

Newt has the guts to close DC, gut the gubmint and give all Liberal cities back to the Indians.
How to cut trillion from the federal budget...-newt-salamander-bites.jpg 

Old 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I like that idea. I see what people in line with me buy and seeing me fund two big bags of noodles, pastry, bread and candy going into a morbidly obese person bothers me. The fly in this ointment is that carbo addictions are often coping devices that while useless otherwise do comfort the eater psychologically.
I?ve been doing disaster preparedness research off-and-on ever since I saw the TV propaganda move The Day After during the 1984 presidential election campaign. Of course having enough food in storage to get you through an emergency is a prime component of disaster planning. You can find storage calculators online that will let you input how many people you need to store food for and get back how much food of each kind you need to store.

But none of the online calculators are very accurate because they don?t really take age, gender, health and whether or not a woman is pregnant or nursing into consideration. The government?s RDA for each nutrient is simply the least amount needed by the segment of the population that has the greatest need for the nutrient. Pregnant women need more calcium than anyone else does, so the RDA for calcium is based on how much pregnant women need. If everybody eats and RDA diet, then most of us would end up eating too much. The online food calculators do pretty much the same thing.

I just found a food guide from the USDA that gives detailed RDA data based on age, gender, et cetera. I?m thinking about designing a computer program to calculate food storage needs based on a statistically normal household, i.e., divide the U.S. population by the number of households the country has and then distribute gender and age within that household so it represents an idealized set of demographics. Then I can calculate the food needed for this normal household and then get a rough estimate of what the food would cost. Then this data could be used to calculate how much we?d have to spend on food stamps so the recipients would get their RDA and only their RDA. Everybody would get what they need and very little would be wasted.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 PM  

Quote:
Newt has the guts to close DC, gut the gubmint and give all Liberal cities back to the Indians.
Then why didn't he do it back in 1995?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:51 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I just found a food guide from the USDA that gives detailed RDA data based on age, gender, et cetera. I?m thinking about designing a computer program to calculate food storage needs based on a statistically normal household, i.e., divide the U.S. population by the number of households the country has and then distribute gender and age within that household so it represents an idealized set of demographics. Then I can calculate the food needed for this normal household and then get a rough estimate of what the food would cost. Then this data could be used to calculate how much we?d have to spend on food stamps so the recipients would get their RDA and only their RDA. Everybody would get what they need and very little would be wasted.
With all the survivalist literature out there that program would be in demand. Ask Music for a newspaper serving N. Idaho, there are still people in those woods who intend staying there.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Newt's mouth has guts but his follow through leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 PM  

Quote:

Newt's mouth has guts but his follow through leaves a lot to be desired.
As was demonstrated everytime he told a wife, "I do".
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Newt - 0

Cheap shots - 1

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Not cheap shots Jake, Newt and the Pretty Boy Dem were both scum suckers who played around while the wives had cancer. Newt is a cheap sleazy act and it's all well documented.
How to cut trillion from the federal budget...-newt6.jpg 

Old 05-12-2011, 03:25 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So if someone's made bad personal life decisions, then they're automatically out of the running for president? I tend to disagree. I figured Democrats, if anybody, would be all for second chances.

For the record, I don't really like Newt -- however, I'm kind of playing devil's advocate, as I don't really agree with your reasoning for him not being a legitimate candidate.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-12-2011, 04:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So if someone's made bad personal life decisions, then they're automatically out of the running for president?
Yes. Such people have bad judgment even if they didn't have bad morals. If a man cannot stay faithful to his wife, we cannot expect him to stay faithful to his country.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.