Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
How Does This Make you Feel?

Looking at these photos, how do you feel? I'm not trying to instigate anything. Just wondering how others feel about Barrack's blatant disrespect for Old Glory?

Note that Michelle and Barrack are using their left hands over their... right lung?
How Does This Make you Feel?-obama-not-saluting-american-flag.jpg 

How Does This Make you Feel?-obamas_flag_salute.jpg 

How Does This Make you Feel?-att00007.jpg 

Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 AM  

Very scary!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I would be inclined to say that it might be some clever editing.

Picture 1 - Romoshopped (IMO)
Pic 2 - Could very well be reversed (mirrored)

The 3rd pic I am on the fence. While both of the commissioned officers are REQUIRED to salute, the 'hand over the heart' thing is a common courtesy/force of habit.

I am the furthest thing from an Obama defender, but in these instances I call bull****.

See?
How Does This Make you Feel?-obamas_flag_salute.jpg 

Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 AM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I would be inclined to say that it might be some clever editing.

Picture 1 - Romoshopped (IMO)
Pic 2 - Could very well be reversed (mirrored)

The 3rd pic I am on the fence. While both of the commissioned officers are REQUIRED to salute, the 'hand over the heart' thing is a common courtesy/force of habit.

I am the furthest thing from an Obama defender, but in these instances I call bull****.

See?
Who wears their wedding bands on the right hands?

Is this one photoshopped as well?

I am not looking for a debate on whether the pictures are real or not, I want to know how this makes people feel. That their President, their Commander in Chief, will not salute or hold his hand over his heart when our flag is being waved. Feelings. No debate here. The second it turns into a debate I will ask a Mod to lock it up.

Click to View Search Results for Feelings Feelings
. And feelings only.
How Does This Make you Feel?-0.jpg 

Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
Who wears their wedding bands on the right hands?
Ohhhh... This is too good.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM  

I have two sisters who are Jehovah Witnesses, and they too refuse to place their hand over their hearts. This usually ends up in a yelling match with me out of disrespect for the country they live in.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:19 PM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I have two sisters who are Jehovah Witnesses, and they too refuse to place their hand over their hearts. This usually ends up in a yelling match with me out of disrespect for the country they live in.
I'm the same way. Show some respect for the country that lets you practice your religion freely.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Feelings?

It burns me up to no end. Makes my blood boil. Infuriates me
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

My true faith and allegiance is to the support and defense of the Constitution. The president swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. The constitution creates the republic. Congress, the Presidency, and the Courts are all parts of that republic.

My allegiance is not necessarily to the republic. Congress and the Office of the Presidency can, and have, created and enacted laws that violate the constitution. I feel that a pledge of allegiance to the flag and the republic has the potential to conflict with my oath to support and defend the constitution.

I believe it is for this reason that Military personnel are not permitted to recite the pledge while in uniform. (4 U.S.C. ? 4, AR 600-25, AFI 34-1201, NTP 13(B), MCO P10520.3B)

Frankly, I find the entire idea of a pledge of allegiance rather disturbing, especially one that is codified in law. A pledge has no meaning where it is compulsory. Granted, the law does not actually proscribe conduct, and no penalty or punishment is specified in the flag code. Instead, this code is considered "declaratory and advisory".

I positively despise the Jehovah's Witnesses for their position that death is preferable to blood transfusion. But, their stance on the pledge is in line with my own. A pledge should be taken freely, without reservation. It is more respectful for a person to refrain from making such a pledge than to ritualistically recite a string of words without contemplating their meaning.

BUT I DIGRESS:

Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
He is about American, as the Illegals he protects. He is a worthless POS

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!