Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 PM  

Well, Obama now wears a flag pin and says he is a Christian does that fill the bill?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Well, Obama now wears a flag pin and says he is a Christian does that fill the bill?
Bahahaha, I see what you did there!

I thought he was a Kenyan Muslim, though. A bunch of flag-draped Christians told me that... In fact, I think I see several of them in those pictures you posted.

(Psst: You flipped them around - the Tea Party nimrods should be falling off the screen on the right side, while the cherry-picked photos of the worst OWS has to offer should be a little left of center)

Old 11-30-2011, 05:13 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
So it is in context.... Quote by Sinclair Lewis:

Sinclair Lewis: His works are known for their insightful and critical views of American society and capitalist values...

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 AM  

Give it some thought, the OWSers are in distaste because they sully the parks and streets at taxpayers expense while the TEA Party is vilified for wanting a balanced budget. Go figure?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Give it some thought, the OWSers are in distaste because they sully the parks and streets at taxpayers expense while the TEA Party is vilified for wanting a balanced budget. Go figure?
Nah, the Tea Party is vilified for its stated preference of causing incalculable damage to the American and World economies rather than allowing Obama to get credit for any part in fixing the damage. (Among other things. Mostly abject stupidity)

The OWS are in distaste because they want to take political power and authority from corporate interests and return it to the people.

You are aware that many corporations require their employees to tithe the maximum allowable political contribution to the candidates and parties of the employer's choosing, and they monitor this by taking it straight out of the employee's paychecks, right?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:02 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
.....You are aware that many corporations require their employees to tithe the maximum allowable political contribution to the candidates and parties of the employer's choosing, and they monitor this by taking it straight out of the employee's paychecks, right?
Do you have a reliable source for this?? Sounds more like what the Unions do.
I would have a hard time believing that this would be legal for a corporation.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 AM  

Nashville, TN
[QUOTE=rivalarrival;132883][B]Nah, the Tea Party is vilified for its stated preference of causing incalculable damage to the American and World economies rather than allowing Obama to get credit for any part in fixing the damage.[/B] (Among other things. Mostly abject stupidity)
QUOTE]

Please enlighten me on 1 thing The President has done to fix the economy. Could it be not having a budget since he's been in office? Could it be trying to spend our way out of debt? Could it be all the shovel ready jobs he's created? Could it be the massive debt load of his failing health care reform? Could it be the record deficit he's created? Could it be the wonderful job he's done to try and unify our fragmented society?

He had 2 years of a democratic controlled congress and didn't accomplish anything other than take a world apology tour, appoint czars and take golf vacations. You can't blame this on Bush anymore, this is Barry's turn in the barrel.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:17 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well said. I'm patiently waiting!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Political Paycheck Deductions Get Easier - Compliance - CFO.com

Quote:
Automatic contributions to a company's PAC are typically limited to those from white-collar employees ? that is, those with certain professional qualifications or those in a decision-making role. A CFO analysis two years ago showed that among CFOs and other top finance executives at large public companies, regular payroll deductions often were calculated to result in the maximum allowable contribution for the year.
It is not legal to *require* donations, and of course it won't show up in your performance review if you don't do it. Of course, it's perfectly legal to subjectively estimate your work as "acceptable" rather than "outstanding" on the performance review that determines your end-of-the-year bonus check...

Yes, it happens. A lot.

Let me know when the GOP is ready to listen to what their constituents have to say on the extension of the middle class payroll tax cuts.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:32 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
The Silver Bear Cafe

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/metals.html

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.