Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 12:18 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
How far is too far?

Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Elizabeth Edwards’ funeral – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Elizabeth Edwards' funeral

(CNN) - Members of the Westboro Baptist Church announced Thursday plans to picket Saturday's funeral for Elizabeth Edwards in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The Kansas-based Church - monitored by anti-hate groups such as the Anti-Defamation league and the Southern Poverty Law Center - is known for its extremist opposition to homosexuals, Jews and other groups.

The church members also oppose the War in Iraq.

According to the church's website, members will hold a protest from 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.

Edwards, the estranged wife of presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday after a six-year battle with breast cancer.
I appreciate your rights granted to you by the constitution of the USA. And I appreciate you exercising these rights that have been given to you. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF <insertyourhigherpowerhere> use some discression please? The WIFE? The ESTRANGED WIFE of a phallandering politician? The woman LEFT THE MAN for <insertyourhigherpowerehereagain>'s SAKE!
This (IMO) has gone way beyond disrespectful. And while I appreciate you exercising your constitutional rights, they sure as <insertpurgatoryofyourchoice> are violating my basic 'expectations' that I have come to appreciate and would hope that you respect in return.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
to answer your question, they went too far the first time they did this. now, they are just digging a hole...

Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I heard they were in my town and everything i hear about them makes me so angry! Can't someone get them for trespassing? They are 'protesting' on private property, and they sure weren't invited!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:04 PM  

If we got rid of the ACLU, all this would stop. This would also work to remove color TV's, gameplayers, weights, and conjugal visits for prisoners. JMHO!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM  
Poison Idea

What I don't get is why they ALWAYS get police protection when it's been upheld time and time again in the supreme court that police action is completely discretionary and you are in no way guaranteed police protection. Turn a blind eye to these morons and let them get whats coming to them. What's right isn't always what's legal.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:50 PM  

Tacoma, WA
Westboro Baptist Church = IRL trolls. Stop feeding them with media coverage and they will die a quiet death.

That being said, Karma will deal with them in time.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
What ever happened with this? Has her funeral taken place (and the picketing to go along with it?)

I believe there is a case somewhere in a Federal Court regarding this. I would love nothing more than to see these hatemongers get theirs after the fact - in a court of law

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads