Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2010, 08:23 AM  

san diego, california
How are things going with the illegal immigration laws?

Here in California we don't hear much these days about the business in Arizona. So I'm curious to know whether you're getting any backlash or other effects...

Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
its all at a standstill for now. i think we are waiting for it to go to the supreme court or something. not exactly sure. people tend to calm down when nothing is happening. trust me, when it goes to court again all the butt hurt people will be walking the streets again. lol.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
The illegals are continuing to stream out of here, I live close to a heavily illegal Hispanic* enclave here in Mesa and have seen the changes with my own two eyes and ears (much less loud 'music').

*note that Mexican Americans also try to avoid living in illegal alien infested areas as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:27 PM  

Southern Arizona, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps123 View Post
Here in California we don't hear much these days about the business in Arizona. So I'm curious to know whether you're getting any backlash or other effects...
According to the "experts" . . . the Illegal population has dropped considerably.

Definitely fewer Illegals hanging out on the street corners.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
yah. many of them are leaving voluntarily. i think a family ive known since i was a kid just moved out...not sure though.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:26 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
Viva Los 1070!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Hurray for SB1070. Its the best!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM  

Austin
Same as it ever was. It sucks, but how can we be a nation founded by immigrants and not let a few in? I think we should make the immigration easier, it would allow us to say no without looking like hypocrites.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:10 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Everyone should have to show a birth certificate to get a job, or rent or buy a house / apartment.
1. Make being illegal a felony.
2. Make a law that it is a felony to have a gun if you are illegal.
3. Give the illegals 30 days to register as illegal and they will get 90 days to leave. If they get caught after that, or don't register, 90 days in jail, deported, and can NEVER become a US citizen.
4. EVERYONE pulled over by the police must be asked if they are here legally or not. Then answer some simple questions to determine if they are lying. If they have no ID or foriegn ID, or can't speak english, check them further.
These simple things will get rid of at least 1/3 of the illegals within a year.
Every employed illegal we get rid of, opens up a job for a REAL citizen.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOfAZ View Post
Everyone should have to show a birth certificate to get a job, or rent or buy a house / apartment.
1. Make being illegal a felony.
2. Make a law that it is a felony to have a gun if you are illegal.
3. Give the illegals 30 days to register as illegal and they will get 90 days to leave. If they get caught after that, or don't register, 90 days in jail, deported, and can NEVER become a US citizen.
4. EVERYONE pulled over by the police must be asked if they are here legally or not. Then answer some simple questions to determine if they are lying. If they have no ID or foriegn ID, or can't speak english, check them further.
These simple things will get rid of at least 1/3 of the illegals within a year.
Every employed illegal we get rid of, opens up a job for a REAL citizen.
Not a birth certificate since you don't need to be born here to own property, but yeah, some kind of documentation that you're here legally.

1. Agree
2. 5 years mandatory prison for every illegal firearm. We have it here in Richmond and several other cities have copied it over the past decade or so. Project Exile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
3. Agree
4. Agree

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.