Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Is this the same president whose tip for reducing our dependence on foreign oil was to check our tire pressure? Genniusssss

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Is this the same president whose tip for reducing our dependence on foreign oil was to check our tire pressure? Genniusssss
What is the DOE recommended tire pressure, I haven't checked mine in over a month? I need to stay below the radar of the minions, what did the Declaration of Independence say about minions?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Your kidding... right?
Not kidding at all. That's how the other affected nations are dealing with it and it's what the real economists contend is the best way out.

Of course you could put your eggs in the teabuggery basket & chance a full blown Depression.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Not kidding at all. That's how the other affected nations are dealing with it and it's what the real economists contend is the best way out.

Of course you could put your eggs in the teabuggery basket & chance a full blown Depression.
Like I said, you pump air into a popped balloon and you may get the impression it's good but the air comes right back out after you stop pumping. If you're referring to the Great Depression as historical evidents then I beg to differ. The only nation that pumped their economy up with borrowed money and rebuilt their infrastructer was Germany AKA the Third Reich under the dictator Adolf Hitler. Roosevelt in contrast, had a deflated balloon economy that had fallen flat. He had started the "New Deal" program utilizing tax money and reserves, we didn't pull loans and start printing money. When nations called Nazi Germany on their loans, Hitler started WWII instead. You FIRST must clear the debts, THEN you can rebuild. Nations cannot go bankrupt so they have to go to impass.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:27 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
You FIRST must clear the debts, THEN you can rebuild.
Then explain why the worst year of the depression was the year FDR balanced the budget? It's an historical fact.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:22 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
SEE? here's my point precisely, here's an important issue and republicans, (fox news) and democrats are argueing over stupid ignorant things like paper clips? No body mentioned that there was absolutely nothing new in the job stimulas pachage, or that no one was ever told where the $ would come from and the top subject is PAPERCLIPS? Now how the hay am I gonna decide who to vote on when one idiot is using trick lyrics to push old trash at us and the others are talking about the paper clips holding the trash together. What a crock of BS.
actually obama said specifically how it would be funded during the speech when he announced it, and that is why it is not being discussed.......

it will be added to the deficit reduction amount.... so either cuts will be doe across the board if nothing else works out OR some combination of tax loopholes closed/tax increases/spending cuts.....
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
any of the "fox news" is "fair and balanced" people want to take this on?
Quote:
By ROLLING STONE
SEPTEMBER 14, 2011 11:00 AM ET

"[The 24-hour networks] are now the absolute most powerful force driving the political narrative," he says. "And the picture that they create is one of conflict, because they're on for 24 hours a day, so they have to create a compelling reason for you to watch them. Otherwise, they're just Muzak – newzak."

He held his Rally To Restore Sanity last fall as an attempt to counteract their message: "The idea of the rally was to say, 'They created this false sense of urgency. It's a funhouse mirror.' That's probably the frustration that people had with the rally: It didn't have aspirations beyond our normal aspiration, which is to point out comedically something we think is farked."
This too passes as "news" of a sort but it's pretty much rehashed stuff we already knew.

Quote:
Will the book sink Sarah or win her some sympathy? It’s possible that Mr. McGinness – who rented the house next door to the Palins' in Wasilla, Alaska – will help the "mama grizzly" more than hurt her.

First of all, the initial reviews are less than kind. You can see the word “scathing” from where you’re standing.

Much of “Rogue” is “dated, petty, and easily available to anyone with Internet access,” wrote New York Times reviewer Janet Maslin.

“Mr. McGinniss used his time in Alaska to chase caustic, unsubstantiated gossip about the Palins, often from unnamed sources like ‘one resident’ and ‘a friend,’ ” writes Ms. Maslin.

Even the supposed salacious revelations are fairly mundane for a person of Ms. Palin’s generation, wrote Los Angeles Times reviewer David Ulin.

Palin may be narcissistic and unqualified for office, but “I want more than innuendo to make that point,” Mr. Ulin concludes.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electio...ors_picks=true

But then again one should consider those forces that most motivate these illiterates.

Quote:
CHARLES BARKLEY: I
Leah Goldman|September 16, 2011|1,930|10

Charles Barkley has admitted before he has a crush on Sarah Palin.

And after new dropped that Palin had a fling with basketball star Glenn Rice, Barkley was at it again.

Barkley chatted Rice/Palin on ESPN's Waddle and Silvy yesterday and said:

"I'd never vote for [Palin], But Glen Rice is my new hero!"

Looks like Barkley still has a thing for Palin.
http://articles.businessinsider.com/...palin-new-hero

Doonesbury "leaks" excerpts from Sarah Palin bio
http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/chapt...arah-Palin-bio

Quote:
It started last week, when Fox News reporter Roland Hedley accidentally received an early copy of the book in the strip. Hedley’s boss, a character based on real-life Fox exec Roger Ailes, asked him to send complimentary tweets on the book, stressing that Palin is a major asset for Fox. That proves to be a hard task for Hedley. As he reads the book in the comic strip, we the reader, are treated to actual excerpts from McGinniss’s actual book.

In one excerpt Hedley reads: "She didn’t want anybody to follow her to Nordstrom’s when she went shopping every day…She didn't want anybody to know she wasn't coming in until ten a.m. and then leaving by three... You know what she was? A housewife who happened to be governor. I'd fly cross country with her many times and she'd spend the whole trip looking at People magazine." Nonetheless, ever the loyal spinmaster, Hedley manages to put a positive spin on the revelations. In the comic strip, he tweets, "New book explodes myth of Sarah not reading."

It’s a brilliant promotions plan by McGinniss and not surprisingly, it’s gotten plenty of media attention.

McGinniss sent Trudeau an advance edition of his book last spring. Trudeau told The Washington Post the 300-plus page book contained “an embarrassment of riches… And, of course, there were revelations that didn’t make the cut because I couldn’t figure out how to make them work as comedy.”

It's "the beginning of a beautiful relationship," wrote The Washington Post's Michael Cavna.

Not everyone was so amused. The Chicago Tribune decided not to run the Doonesbury comic strip Tuesday and any other day the strip dealt with the book.

“The subject matter does not meet our standards of fairness [because] the strips include excerpts from a book that is not yet on the market and therefore unavailable for review or verification by the Tribune," they wrote in an editorial note.

Perhaps. But we can’t resist the controversy and clever marketing that is boosting both McGinniss’s forthcoming book and Trudeau’s comic strip. Real book previews lodged in the funny, fictional world of a comic strip? We’re hooked.
how trivial of an item can fox news criticize obama over?-main.jpg 

how trivial of an item can fox news criticize obama over?-zoomie.jpg 

Old 09-18-2011, 01:09 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I disagree with that to a point, there is plenty of news going, worthwhile news, but we choose not to cover it and instead we get served this watered down, corporate okayed, non confrontational news that agrees with america's mentality.

for instance when Ron Paul mentioned in the tea party debates that we got attacked on 911 not for some disrespect of our culture but because we are constantly occupying/assisting/interfering in the middle east he got booed, america doesn't even wnat to touch on that reality. EVERY news network keeps parroting "they attacked us for our freedoms" as if we are some sort of unique environment when in reality most developed countries have about the same amount (and in some cases more) freedom then we do, the issue is our meddling, whether you think it is good or bad, to pretend that there are not consequences for doing so is childish....
Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
actually obama said specifically how it would be funded during the speech when he announced it, and that is why it is not being discussed.......

it will be added to the deficit reduction amount.... so either cuts will be doe across the board if nothing else works out OR some combination of tax loopholes closed/tax increases/spending cuts.....
Yeah Obama "SPECIFICALLY" said that it could come from here, or it could come from there, or maybe by this or maybe by that. HOG WASH!! SPEND SPEND SPEND pumpa pumpa pumpa at that economy depression, "pump it up til I get re-elected" is how it translates to english. You actually believe any of that BS? It's the SAME Ol' SAME Obushma Stimulas' that do NOT work. hello out there in Obamaland, wake up, smell the corn.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:16 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Yeah Obama "SPECIFICALLY" said that it could come from here, or it could come from there, or maybe by this or maybe by that. HOG WASH!! SPEND SPEND SPEND pumpa pumpa pumpa at that economy depression, "pump it up til I get re-elected" is how it translates to english. You actually believe any of that BS? It's the SAME Ol' SAME Obushma Stimulas' that do NOT work. hello out there in Obamaland, wake up, smell the corn.
If you must go in that direction discussion, I will drop to that level as well......

far better then the "let's destroy this economy so obama won't get re-elected" that has been coming from the republican side.

both sides can make pointless arguments......

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.