Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I am Obamacare

I am ObamaCare | Given Eyes To See

I am ObamaCare
Posted by miss m on Thursday, October 20, 2011 @ 10:14pm in General Blather, Hysterectomy, Photography and Pics, Sickness and Health Issues |

Quote:
I am ObamaCare. Thanks to President Obama?s Health Care Reform, I was able to get PCIP Insurance after I was diagnosed with a uterus full of tumors in the ER. This insurance allowed me to get the surgery I needed to get well.
Thank you President Obama.
(Also seen on facebook.)
And since this single picture has made so many conspiracy nuts insane, see a FAQ behind the cut.

Common questions:
Who?s the girl in the photo? Me, Miss M. Turner I am the originator of this photo. I made it, took it, posted it on my blog, twitter and facebook page. Since then, it?s gone viral and all over the web.
Were you paid for this picture? Seriously? *snort* I can?t believe people actually think that. No, no one paid me anything. I?m not affiliated with any campaign or group.
If, however, you want to help support my cause and help me put a dent in my medical bills, I have a donation link here and my sole income right now is through my small jewelry business here. I would also appreciate any links to my shop as well.
Why did you make this? Because I?ve seen all the ?I am 99%? pictures lately and thought I?d do my spin on it because this is what is going on in MY life.
Uterine fibroid tumors are typically benign and common. Why surgery? It?s true that they are VERY common and almost always benign, however, hysterectomy because of fibroids is one of the most common surgeries, period. Fibroids can cause not only severe bleeding, extreme pain, anemia, infertility, and sexual pain and discomfort, but can cause bladder issues as well as bowel issues. I had FIVE fibroids of massive size (over 1,200 grams when this started or approximately 2.6 pounds) that made my uterus the size of a woman 4-5 months pregnant. The pain was extreme and they pressed on nerves in my back as well. The ONLY cure for fibroids is uterus removal ? hysterectomy. In ALL other treatments they can (and do) grow back. Given the quick growth and massive amount of tumors, it made sense to go with the permanent option rather than remove the tumors only because in 3-5 years, I?d have to do it again. My fibroids were everywhere in my uterus; inside, in the lining and even outside the uterus. I was never going to be able to have children because of the damage that would be done removing them, so I opted for a hysterectomy to cure me of the problem.
I had my TLH ? Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy ? on October 5th. The surgery removed my uterus and my cervix but retained my functional ovaries to prevent menopause. I am very slowly healing. But I am thrilled to know that soon I will have not only my life back, but better than before! To think, soon, I will be healthy. It?s a beautiful thought.
If it was an emergency, the hospital would have done surgery anyway, so this isn?t true/you could have gotten Medicaid/hospitals don?t turn away people/whatever version there were other options people ?think? they know exist. Actually, it was this or cash. And this is a HELL of a lot better. I went into the ER Memorial Day weekend. We couldn?t do the surgery right then and there because I needed more pre-op testing. The hospital discharged me. While it?s true they don?t turn people away in the ER, they most certainly do NOT have to give me surgery. I applied for every single charity/state assistance program there is in Florida. I got denied for all of them. In Florida, it?s all tied into the Department of Children and Families and if you are not pregnant and do not have kids, you do not qualify. Period. How ironic is it that here I was, unable to have kids because of tumors and denied for assistance? My ER stay was $13,347 and was ?discounted? down to ?$8,008″ for being a ?cash? payment. That?s not exactly a manageable number either. On top of that, I also have $1,200 to the ER physician and $250 to the ER radiologist that were billed separately. And that was just a single overnight ER trip! Can you imagine the cost of surgery and inpatient follow-up care?? As a cash paying patient? It?s utterly impossible.
Edit to add: See this entry for the cost of just the hospital bill for my surgery.
You know it?s not actually called ?ObamaCare? right? Uh, yeah. That?s kinda the point. I?m using the negative term in a positive light. It helps draw attention to it in a more polarizing way. It?s like an intentional irony.
Well, I rather have Single Payer system ? what we did get isn?t that great you know! Yeah, I do know. And I too wish we had gotten MORE reform passed. As long as health care is allowed to be a for-profit system, it only works if people stay sick. And that?s fundamentally wrong. Like I said, PCIP isn?t perfect, but it?s something.
I thought the Reform didn?t take effect until 2014? In 2014, regular insurance companies won?t be able to drop you or turn you away or disqualify you if you get sick. (Pre-existing conditions are already eliminated for children; adults have to wait a few more years.) UNTIL THEN, PCIP is the gap program between now and then. It gives people access to medical insurance when they normally wouldn?t be able to get it. For details: PCIP - Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan - Home
I don?t want to pay your handout! PCIP isn?t a handout and it isn?t free. It?s insurance no different from yours, except mine is probably more expensive since I?m paying all the premium instead of splitting it with an employer. I pay $237/month just in premiums, had $1,000 deductible to meet and I pay 20% of all services as well in co-pay.
You can read up on the entire process on my blog.
Blog: Given Eyes To See | :: the ever changing status of m ::
Hysterectomy: http://www.giveneyestosee.com/blog/hyterectomy

I?m relying on my small jewelry business to help pay the medical bills, so please check it out. Thanks!
PhoenixFireDesigns.etsy.com
I am Obamacare-i-am-obama-care.jpg 

Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 PM  
fustrated genius

Yeah, and countless other Americans who worked their butts off for decent retirement benefits have to start dropping vission plans and dental plans just to reduce the cost to keep medical to pay for it. We need to vote this idiot back to Chicago where he belongs.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM  

For those who support this "freebie", I need a crown for my tooth. It will cost me $850 and I don't have the money. I'm sure none of you supporters would mind providing the needed cash. Please don't make me work for it! Send your cash, checks or money orders, I'll take it all!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think after the military I'll just quit working. You know, just live off the government for a few years. That's what they're for, right?

Ahhh, it'll be the good life...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
For those who support this "freebie", I need a crown for my tooth. It will cost me $850 and I don't have the money. I'm sure none of you supporters would mind providing the needed cash. Please don't make me work for it! Send your cash, checks or money orders, I'll take it all!
We had the family over for diner tonite and I explained your tooth situation, we collected $.37. If you send me a stamp I'd be happy to send the cash.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:57 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
We had the family over for diner tonite and I explained your tooth situation, we collected $.37. If you send me a stamp I'd be happy to send the cash.
Obama will send you the cash for the stamp soon. It is part of the "change" he has spoken about for a few years now!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 AM  

Oh yes, Obamacare, the Rx for the deficit!

Watch the unfunded liabilities grow: Real Time US National Debt Clock | USA Debt Clock.com
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
some form of national healthcare (or heavily regulated private healthcare) works in only about 100% of other developed countries. americans only pay, what was it? about 30-40% more then any other country per capita and we still exclude 1/6 or 1/7th of our population from medical coverage and have a shorter lifespan.....

how are we winning? we are among the last countries on the list when comparing medical systems of developed countries by most popular methods of comparison.

yes let's keep following a failed path, better yet let's follow the republican's plan and double down on our problems. yes healthcare will be great for the rich that can afford lawyers and have gold plated medical plans, for the peon peasent working class prepare to either die or go into a lifetime of debt for medical care.

yes that is the future of america I want!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:33 AM  

What you are is lazy

You are 34. You didn't bother to try to buy insurance until you got sick. And now you want us to pay for your illness. Yes, us, the taxpayers get to pay for it. You don't think that premium of a few hundred dollars actually paid the cost of your thousands of dollars worth of medical procedures do you?

I bet you also let your new insurance lapse as soon as you got well and you won't bother to buy more coverage until you get sick again.

Obamacare is an abomination. I don't mind helping people who deserve help but you don't. You are a lazy 34 year old with a job, should be stuck paying for your treatment because you were either too lazy or too cheap to go buy a Blue Cross policy when you were healthy. Give me a break.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM  

Houston, Texas
I've been following this thread with some amusement and really have no interest in the discussion beyond that. I take no side in the discussion but want to point out that "Obamacare" already existed before it was even introduced under that name. In establishing some kind of definition as to what is meant by that word the simplest definition that comes to mind is one that defines "socalized" health care. That is a system of heath care where an individual receives care based upon an ability to pay and the balance is paid by others in the class/ group. Seems to me that insurance meets that definition. I want to point out that "Obamacare" has existed in the United States since the Civil War. Ever hear of the Veterans Administration? That's right, socalized health care. A system of health care paid for at the taxpayers expense. I know. I was an Army medic for 20 years. Oh, wait! Another system of socalized health care! The United States military health care system. Paid for by he taxpayers. I receive my health care at the VA and and don't know how I could afford it otherwise. And I thank all you taxpayers for paying for my health care. Just my

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads