Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2012, 06:42 PM  

Nashville, TN
[QUOTE=Sideways;134792]In truth I agree with you on all points. What I should have also stated is that in the US this comes at a loss to our personal freedoms. And indeed we loose more of our personal freedoms it seems almost on a daily basis. One quote I also agree with is that "people should not fear their government, government should fear it's people".[/QUOTE]

Thus the importance of the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, to protect the citizens against a tyrannical government.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:40 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
In truth I agree with you on all points. What I should have also stated is that in the US this comes at a loss to our personal freedoms. And indeed we loose more of our personal freedoms it seems almost on a daily basis. One quote I also agree with is that "people should not fear their government, government should fear it's people".
"Loss of personal freedoms" can range from enslavement and forced labor to being prohibited from spitting on the sidewalk, with things like "Prohibited from carrying guns" somewhere in the middle.

There are good reasons to strip people of their freedom to spit on the sidewalk. There are no good reasons for enslavement and forced labor. There's some controversial (and generally poor) reasons for gun control. Where does Obamacare rank on the spectrum?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:55 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival
Where does Obamacare rank on the spectrum?
I don't have a horse in that race so don't know, don't care. I get my health care at the VA and have no complaints about that.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:03 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I don't have a horse in that race so don't know, don't care. I get my health care at the VA and have no complaints about that.
Thank you for your service!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:06 AM  

Wow

Your sign should read "I am Irresponsible" Your job does not offer health care so you just don't bother. Im sure you have car insurance though. I llistened to someone complain that it cost $300 a month or more to insure their whole family... his car payment is $900 a month. If I drove my car around with no insurance and then got into a accident should I expect Progressive Ins to pay for it?

Most of the students I know have insurance and they usually have part time jobs that pay just over minimum wage.

Should health care workers work for free? No! they work hard and have to put up with a stressful job and long hours. When you get a bill from a physican please remember it cost her/him over $300k, and many sleepless nights for that education he used to treat YOU.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:37 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoobama
Your sign should read "I am Irresponsible" Your job does not offer health care so you just don't bother. Im sure you have car insurance though. I llistened to someone complain that it cost $300 a month or more to insure their whole family... his car payment is $900 a month. If I drove my car around with no insurance and then got into a accident should I expect Progressive Ins to pay for it?

Most of the students I know have insurance and they usually have part time jobs that pay just over minimum wage.

Should health care workers work for free? No! they work hard and have to put up with a stressful job and long hours. When you get a bill from a physican please remember it cost her/him over $300k, and many sleepless nights for that education he used to treat YOU.
Who is your comment directed to?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoobama View Post
Under "Obamacare", a person would be penalized for doing this. This argument is invalid.
Quote:

Physicians don't work for free under "Obamacare" - they are paid as they are (usually) paid now - with insurance. There will be an increased demand for physicians under "Obamacare" as there will be increased demand for medical care. This argument is also invalid.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
The Obama Plan in 4 Minutes

• 25 videos
  • 4:08:59duration
The Affordable Care Act

by The White House

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1F8F35722B3A66DB

Quote:
White House White Board: The Costs of Repealing Health Reform
Uploaded by whitehouse on Jan 19, 2011
Stephanie Cutter, an Assistant to the President who has been working on implementing the health reform law, takes to the White House White Board to explain what repealing it would mean for family premium costs and American jobs.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!