Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2011, 02:49 PM  

I may qualify for Medicaid

It now seems that Obamacare would let several million middle-class people get nearly free insurance meant for the poor, seems that government number crunchers say they discovered only after the complex bill was signed. Pelosi was right let's pass it to see what's in it. The change would affect early retirees on Social Security: A married couple could have an annual income of about $64,000 since Social Security is not counted as income according to the bill.

Since this was missed by the CBO that means cost projections were wrong, wrong, wrong! It now appears that the national debt will surpass GDP by 2021.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
A married couple could have an annual income of about $64,000 since Social Security is not counted as income according to the bill.
My operation for cancer last year was a simple one costing me $57,000 the details of which plague me today 15 months later. My income is less than $13K and is all SS. I think $64,000 is the high and rarer end of that equation.
What do you currently pay for medical coverage?

Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM  
Traveler

Well, let me just ask all those republicans who would hate a plan to help the average person afford healthcare, what would you propose then? Let's see what you have to offer those who cannot seem to afford medical treatments on account of pre existing conditions, or even chronic illnesses such as UC, cancer or MS. This should be interesting. What would you tell the man with Parkinsons in the wheel chair....?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Well, let me just ask all those republicans who would hate a plan to help the average person afford healthcare, what would you propose then?
A Republican in good standing could step over a dying person and rationalize they had it coming.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 PM  

I would probably have to review the National Debt Parody and think a bit about the future before making any rash decisions. A nation approaching a debt larger than its GDP by 2021 is unlikely to survive, but we could just stick our heads in the sand living for the now and letting someone else worry.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:15 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Since the Chinese are holding the paper do you believe they intend to kill their cash cow? Bunch of angry chinamen running about without jobs or their briefly glimpsed look at a better life?

Ever hear of Chicken Little? This does need addressing but not by killing off programs we all need.
I may qualify for Medicaid-dog-pooping_cheap.jpg 

Old 06-25-2011, 06:07 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Since the Chinese are holding the paper do you believe they intend to kill their cash cow? Bunch of angry chinamen running about without jobs or their briefly glimpsed look at a better life?

Ever hear of Chicken Little? This does need addressing but not by killing off programs we all need.
So we keep going with the spending spree because we don't think China will call the notes? What happens when China stops buying the notes? You know this can't go on forever, do you just want it to last your lifetime and leave the mess for others? Do we live for the now or consider those who follow us?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
What do you currently pay for medical coverage?
I pay a little over $11,000 per year for BCBS plus Medicare part B.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:49 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
do you just want it to last your lifetime and leave the mess for others? Do we live for the now or consider those who follow us?
I didn't vote for Bush.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I pay a little over $11,000 per year for BCBS plus Medicare part B.
That would leave me about $1800 a year for food & rent on a small apartment.

I should mention the bill was ONLY $57 ,000 because I refused speech therapy (unnecessary and useless in my case), back therapy (for a condition they caused by not supporting my herd in the OR and aggravated into spasm by driving. The Hospital is 100 mile roundtrip) and the use of a vacuum pump so loud you could hear it from outside my apartment. Hospitals try to milk your coverage as much as possible. I inquired on the cost to get to Portland lying flat to protect my spine. It was $600 by the local ambulance service. It's illegal not to be seatbelted in a car.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!