Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Well, either you are very old or you rent?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 AM  

Actually I rented while I built my house. It took me three years of evenings and week-ends. I found that I could nail up all the material I could afford to buy each month. Others have done it by merely paying extra on their mortgage each month with the extra going directly to principal.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:13 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
do you have an unbiased source for this?
There is no such thing as an unbiased source, even I sometimes show bias. You can shop these if you like;

News for Obamacare medicaid middle class
The $450 Billion Glitch: 3 Million Extra Middle-Class Americans ...
6 days ago
“It's almost like allowing middle-class people to qualify for food stamps, ... is that prior to Obamacare, retirees' Social Security benefits were counted ...
Forbes (blog) - 447 related articles - Shared by 20+

Obamacare Glitch Offers Medicaid for Middle Class
Jun 21, 2011 – Obamacare Glitch Offers Medicaid for Middle Class.
http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/nat...ass/.../400901 - Cached

Oops! Obamacare provides Medicaid for the middle class | Capitol ...
Jun 21, 2011 – Obamacare provides Medicaid for the middle class”. irmaanaya. June 22, 2011 - 1:54 am. Let me tell you one thing that the best health ...
Oops! Obamacare provides Medicaid for the middle class | Capitol Hill Blue - Cached

ObamaCare Makes Medicaid a Middle-class Entitlement
Jun 23, 2011 – Whether by accident or by design, ObamaCare will make as many as three million middle-class Americans eligible for Medicaid in 2014.
thenewamerican.com/.../7983-obamacare-makes-medicaid-a-middle-class-entitlement - Cached

Congressional Budget Office | Obamacare Medicaid Glitch | The ...
Jun 21, 2011 – As details surface about a new-found Obamacare glitch that allows more than 3 million middle-class Americans to qualify for Medicaid, ...
dailycaller.com/.../cbo-pelosi-unclear-on-obamacares-medicaid-glitch-costs/ - Cached

Surprise: ObamaCare will extend Medicaid to up to three million ...
Jun 21, 2011 – Surprise: ObamaCare will extend Medicaid to up to three million middle-class ... It's middle-class retirees between the ages of 62 and 65, ...
hotair.com/.../surprise-obamacare-will-extend-medicaid-to-up-to-three-million-middle-class-people/ - Cached

ObamaCare opens Medicaid for middle class
Jun 22, 2011 – President Obama's health care law would let several million middle-class people get nearly free insurance meant for the poor, ...
yourjewishnews.com/7763.aspx - Cached

ObamaCare's Latest 'Glitch': Medicaid for Millions of Middle-Class ...
Jun 21, 2011 – Well, today we learned that ObamaCare also inadvertently gives free health care to millions of middle-class Social Security recipients: ...
ObamaCare’s Latest ‘Glitch’: Medicaid for Millions of Middle-Class Retirees | Cato @ Liberty - Cached

Obamacare (Unintentionally?) Allows Medicaid for Middle Class
Obamacare (Unintentionally?) Allows Medicaid for Middle Class. June 22, 2011. Listen To It! WMP | Flash. Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only ...
http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/nat...107.guest.html - Cached

Stunner: Glitch in Obamacare allows middle class to receive Medicaid
Jun 21, 2011 – Stunner: Glitch in Obamacare allows middle class to receive Medicaid. Medicaid, the health care program for the poor and indigent, ...
directorblue.blogspot.com/.../stunner-glitch-on-obamacare-allows.html - Cached

ObamaCare will allow middle class retirees to go on Medicaid
ObamaCare will allow middle class retirees to go on Medicaid. June 22nd, 2011 | Author: Bruce McQuain. Good thing we passed this ObamaCare monstrosity so we ...
ObamaCare will allow middle class retirees to go on Medicaid - Cached
Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Actually I rented while I built my house. It took me three years of evenings and week-ends. I found that I could nail up all the material I could afford to buy each month. Others have done it by merely paying extra on their mortgage each month with the extra going directly to principal.
Well, I'm impressed. Kind of reminds me of Peter Buffet, who said in an interview that he never got a leg up ever in his life, except for the $100,000 his father gave him in the early 1970s. Well, you must have had a great paying job to be able to rent and cash out for vehicles and food and kids and save to buy a piece of property and then buy building materials and buy permits and a well and septic. Not really a reality for most folks though.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:47 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Well, I'm impressed. Kind of reminds me of Peter Buffet, who said in an interview that he never got a leg up ever in his life, except for the $100,000 his father gave him in the early 1970s. Well, you must have had a great paying job to be able to rent and cash out for vehicles and food and kids and save to buy a piece of property and then buy building materials and buy permits and a well and septic. Not really a reality for most folks though.
No, with proper planning it's achievable. I had good jobs but common sense and a hunger for independence helps too, I purchase two cars on credit in my lifetime, and both were always worth less than what I owed on them. After I payed off the last one I continued payments to a credit union savings account. I did not buy another car until the account contained the purchase price.

As for housing I wasted a lot of money on rentals but traveled a lot and didn't want to be held down by the need to sell a house.

Most people fail for the same reason the government does, they think they have to have it now.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Whether by accident or by design, ObamaCare will make as many as three million middle-class Americans eligible for Medicaid in 2014.
I may qualify for Medicaid-tiergarten.jpg 

I may qualify for Medicaid-2286_south.jpg 

I may qualify for Medicaid-5351-framed-.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
No, with proper planning it's achievable. I had good jobs but common sense and a hunger for independence helps too, I purchase two cars on credit in my lifetime, and both were always worth less than what I owed on them. After I payed off the last one I continued payments to a credit union savings account. I did not buy another car until the account contained the purchase price.

As for housing I wasted a lot of money on rentals but traveled a lot and didn't want to be held down by the need to sell a house.

Most people fail for the same reason the government does, they think they have to have it now.
It no doubt is, and in my area of hastily built sheds with stove pipes coming out, is sure proof that it can be done, though I must admit that these days, the cost of things has gone up so much that one must have a great paying job, otherwise it's folly! Example...... in 2004, the average price of concrete was 60 bucks a yard, and today, it's $112 a yard. Copper wire was on the order of $30 a 250 foot roll in 2004 for 12-2 romex, now it exceeds $80 and the average salary is the same. As a point, could you imagine the US waiting to build up their savings account before entering WW2? Imagine the US waiting until we had whatever the cost of the Manhatten project, before initializing it, or waiting until we had the money for the state of Alaska before purchasing it. I suppose that the old saying "Credit makes the World go round" has some meaning here.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 PM  

I see another analogy in the leg up thoughts posted above.

There is an old saying "it takes money to make money". A friend of mine wanted his own business and was essentially living hand to mouth, but he sought a venture capitalist to give him his leg up. Now he is a successful businessman and has expanded. Now consider that the venture capitalist was a rich man by our standards and you may just begin to see the light.

Now consider the track record in the world of business. Are businesses started because the government has money to spend foolishly or because wealthy people either start businesses or invest in others? The small amount of stimulus money that was invested in businesses was the government's choice rather than for businesses making products we want. Stimulus money mostly went down the drain.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!