Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2011, 08:32 AM  

Greenville, SC
I tend to agree somewhat with the cop..

Cop's rape comment sparks wave of 'SlutWalks' - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Old 05-06-2011, 08:44 AM  

Feminists tell us that rape is a crime of violence, not a crime of sex.

But only a fool would believes that the crime of rape does not have a sexual component.

If a woman with no morals dresses like she is easy, how is a man with no morals supposed to know she isn?t easy?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 AM  

Greenville, SC
I see it like this. A lady dressing provocatively walking down the street at 2:00AM in a sort of seedy part of town by herself is placing herself at risk.
The same way that if I park a nice car with a nice laptop sitting on the passenger seat with the window cracked open a little in a bad part of town overnight is taking a risk.
Would it be wrong of someone to break into the car?? Of course! Should I feel that I was irresponsible? Yes. I think these are comparable situations.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
standards vary, in some cultures a women just wearing shorts and a t-shirt would be extremely revealing.... people should be able to dress however they want including beachwear or even be nudists without someone saying their clothes or lack their of justifies their being raped......

This is just another old religious zealot pushing his agenda of right and wrong
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
standards vary, in some cultures a women just wearing shorts and a t-shirt would be extremely revealing.... people should be able to dress however they want including beachwear or even be nudists without someone saying their clothes or lack their of justifies their being raped......

There is a big difference in saying that a rape is "justified" and saying that the victim was irrisponsible or possibly even provoking it.
Like in my example above (stuff in a car), it wouldn't be justified for someone to break into my car but "I" would definitely be acting irrisponsibly.

Also, I have the right to leave valuables in my car with the windows open or whatever, but there may be repercussions. Just as a person on the street has the right to say racist things but they shouldn't be surprised if they are then called a racist.

I would never ever ever say a rape is "justified" and I didn't see where the officer said that either.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:52 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
There is a big difference in saying that a rape is "justified" and saying that the victim was irrisponsible or possibly even provoking it.
Like in my example above (stuff in a car), it wouldn't be justified for someone to break into my car but "I" would definitely be acting irrisponsibly.

Also, I have the right to leave valuables in my car with the windows open or whatever, but there may be repercussions. Just as a person on the street has the right to say racist things but they shouldn't be surprised if they are then called a racist.

I would never ever ever say a rape is "justified" and I didn't see where the officer said that either.
The issue isn?t so much whether or not rape is justified as it is whether or not a rape actually happened.

Our current feminist-dominated society is pre-disposed to see every man as a predator so it is extremely difficult for a non-rapist to prove his innocence. But at the same time we have a lot of women that are willing to let themselves be prey so it is extremely difficult to prove that a rapist is in fact guilty.

Back when most women had morals and no woman had birth control pills most men also had morals because the more a man slept around the easier it was for him to be hauled into church by an angry father or hauled into court on a rape charge or simply shot by a jilted husband.

But now it is easy for any man to sleep around because so many women are willing to be slept around with. Any rapist can simply say the sex was consensual. And if the woman has been beaten half to death in the process the man can simply say she likes rough sex.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:13 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
the leap between dressing provacatively and rape is worlds apart , granted alcohol is a big factor, it's been the tool for generations and rape is now based upon whether they regretted it after they sobered up. But that is ignoring the real issue as most people like the alcohol drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
The issue isn’t so much whether or not rape is justified as it is whether or not a rape actually happened.

Our current feminist-dominated society is pre-disposed to see every man as a predator so it is extremely difficult for a non-rapist to prove his innocence. But at the same time we have a lot of women that are willing to let themselves be prey so it is extremely difficult to prove that a rapist is in fact guilty.

Back when most women had morals and no woman had birth control pills
.... so having unmarried sex = no morals? you do realize that pretty much every generation has said similar things about the next, right?
Quote:

But now it is easy for any man to sleep around because so many women are willing to be slept around with. Any rapist can simply say the sex was consensual. And if the woman has been beaten half to death in the process the man can simply say she likes rough sex.
no overstatement there......
Old 05-06-2011, 10:28 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
The issue isn?t so much whether or not rape is justified as it is whether or not a rape actually happened. I believe there are two issues..
Our current feminist-dominated society is pre-disposed to see every man as a predator so it is extremely difficult for a non-rapist to prove his innocence. But at the same time we have a lot of women that are willing to let themselves be prey so it is extremely difficult to prove that a rapist is in fact guilty. I agree with you here!
Back when most women had morals and no woman had birth control pills most men also had morals because the more a man slept around the easier it was for him to be hauled into church by an angry father or hauled into court on a rape charge or simply shot by a jilted husband.
Again, I agree!
But now it is easy for any man to sleep around because so many women are willing to be slept around with. Any rapist can simply say the sex was consensual. Agree!And if the woman has been beaten half to death in the process the man can simply say she likes rough sex. MMMMM...I don't know....Maybe?
Message too short, blah blah....
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Feminists tell us that rape is a crime of violence, not a crime of sex.

But only a fool would believes that the crime of rape does not have a sexual component.

If a woman with no morals dresses like she is easy, how is a man with no morals supposed to know she isn?t easy?
Being easy and being raped are not the same thing. The fact that you seem to make no moral differentiation is disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I see it like this. A lady dressing provocatively walking down the street at 2:00AM in a sort of seedy part of town by herself is placing herself at risk.
The same way that if I park a nice car with a nice laptop sitting on the passenger seat with the window cracked open a little in a bad part of town overnight is taking a risk.
Would it be wrong of someone to break into the car?? Of course! Should I feel that I was irresponsible? Yes. I think these are comparable situations.
So then crime is permissible as long as the victim is asking for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post

Yup. I'm surprised we haven't seen a " Stop teaching women to read" thread.

Quote:
The issue isn?t so much whether or not rape is justified as it is whether or not a rape actually happened.

Back when women had morals? When was this? Please give me a date.

You seem to have a skewed world perspective, and you remind me of someone I have debated many times.

Birth control is a problem?

Feminist dominated society?

Now it's easy?

Are you stuck in some sort of imaginary time vortex?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Being easy and being raped are not the same thing. The fact that you seem to make no moral differentiation is disturbing.
This isn?t what I have done in the least. I am only pointing out that the more willing a woman is to sleep around the more difficult it is to believe she has been raped.

Quote:
Back when women had morals? When was this? Please give me a date.
Before the Sexual Revolution. There once was a time (within living memory) when it was a social disgrace for an un-married woman to end up pregnant. She either married the father or was sent away for 9 months so good girls couldn?t see her as a role model to emulate. As a consequence few unmarried women ever found themselves pregnant. Now it is more norm than exception.

Quote:
Birth control is a problem?
Birth control means sex without consequences. So, yes birth control is a problem.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.