Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2011, 05:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
Why an Air Force base?
Her brother was a Colonel there so she lived with his family.

Quote:
But at any rate you are missing the point. By sleeping around the girl brought disgrace on her family and community. The girl made a mistake, but in today's permissive society she would be allowed to repeat the mistake as often as she likes. And if the girl kept the child without providing him with a stable family environment, i.e., marrying the father when the child could have been adopted by a stable and caring married couple, she undoubtedly raised that child in an environment of neglect.

Life isn't usually that simple. A tenant here is raising her daughter herself because as she put it; "why would I risk ruining my daughter's life as well as my own over one mistake?"

I agree, marrying the father is no longer an automatic nor should it be. In this case the mother married another guy for the child's sake, the husband never even liked the child and later confessed he'd married because he was involved in a paternity mess with another woman. People and their problems don't respond well to cookie-cutter solutions.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Her brother was a Colonel there so she lived with his family.
I am assuming that the girl was a teenager. So how could she have been old enough to have a brother who was a colonel in the Air Force? Even in wartime, when officers are rapidly promoted to replace combat losses, few people made colonel before the age of 30.

Quote:
Life isn't usually that simple. A tenant here is raising her daughter herself because as she put it; "why would I risk ruining my daughter's life as well as my own over one mistake?"
Life is very simple when it comes to raising children. We know what works, and we have known for the past 4,000 years what works, while recent decades have taught us the hard way what doesn't work.

If you are intentionally raising a child without a father, you have already ruined the child?s life. If you are pregnant and not married the best option from the child?s point of view is adoption by a stable married couple.

Quote:
People and their problems don't respond well to cookie-cutter solutions.
I have no sympathy for any woman who gets pregnant without being married. I have nothing but contempt for any man that impregnates a woman he is not married to. The only problems that matter in situations of illegitimacy are the ones that immoral adults make the child deal with later.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!