Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I honestly don't feel like discussing Obama, but I think that the numbers speak for themselves - all time low approval rating, as much debt racked up in 2.5 years than bush did in 8 years of war, his only real accomplishment is on the chopping block - I just don't see the American people embracing that again.

you've repeated that several times but it's incomplete and misleading.

Bush inherited a surplus which he gave to BIG OIL. He then began two stupid wars neither of which we will or could win and thisv resulted in the present RECESSION. What spending there has been was mainly to save the unregulated institutions (compliments of Bush II) that caused the BUSH RECESSION.
The other countries like Europe, Canada etc. are also addressing the8r own recessions with stimulus. Unless Pendleton is handing out Econ degrees you might want to read the Wall street Journal before commenting.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:13 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh, you mean obama's surge into Afghanistan doesn't count? Or his invasion of Libya without even asking congress or addressing us commoners to let us know beforehand?

In obama's campaign, he called bush's 4 trillion advance in debt 'unpatriotic'. I'd love to see him try to say that again!

Numbers dont lie my friend. The economy is worse than it was when he came in, period. You don't need an economy degree to see that. Oh, and my location is pretty easy to see. Pendleton is San Diego. I'm in Hawaii.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 08-27-2011, 03:33 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
[quote=Jake7;123764]Oh, you mean obama's surge into Afghanistan doesn't count? Or his invasion of Libya without even asking congress or addressing us commoners to let us know beforehand?

The surge was stupid too and I have no idea who talked him into it.

Quote:
In obama's campaign, he called bush's 4 trillion advance in debt 'unpatriotic'. I'd love to see him try to say that again!
What "advance" are you referring to?

Quote:
Numbers dont lie my friend. The economy is worse than it was when he came in, period. You don't need an economy degree to see that. Oh, and my location is pretty easy to see. Pendleton is San Diego. I'm in Hawaii.
It's worse because the GOP has opposed anything proposed by the administration. Healthcare was affordable in the earliest versions but was gutted by special interests.

Quote:
Pendleton is San Diego. I'm in Hawaii.
Pendleton = W. Coast Marine HDQ.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Obama was talking about the 4.2 trillion (neighborhood) that bush had incurred in his 8 year presidency. I could find you the video if you like.

At what point does he stop playing the blame game? Plenty of presidents have worked with opposing parties in power - what makes him so special? It's been 2.5 years. I just want a president who is a man and can admit when he's wrong - not try to blame everything under the sun.

Theres many Marine Corps bases. Marine Corps HQ is in Quantico, VA. Camp P isn't a 'west coast HQ', it's just another marine base. However, it is the largest one on the west coast. Oahu's marine corps installation is completely independent.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Oh, you mean obama's surge into Afghanistan doesn't count? Or his invasion of Libya without even asking congress or addressing us commoners to let us know beforehand?

DOW

Nov 3, 2008: 8,943
an 20,2009: 8,077
Today: 11,284

we are doing worse you say?

With how bad things we and the problems worldwide yes we suffered and are still suffering but to escape out of this it will take time, we can't just through some tax cuts out there and expect all businesses to start spending again. government pending will at best slow or create a floor to the recession if done right and prevent a runaway drop to below market level, but either way time is required for the economy to heal.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ

DOW

Nov 3, 2008: 8,943
an 20,2009: 8,077
Today: 11,284

we are doing worse you say?

With how bad things we and the problems worldwide yes we suffered and are still suffering but to escape out of this it will take time, we can't just through some tax cuts out there and expect all businesses to start spending again. government pending will at best slow or create a floor to the recession if done right and prevent a runaway drop to below market level, but either way time is required for the economy to heal.
I somewhat can't believe youre arguing that the economy is better. Even Obama knows it's worse. He calls these 'roadbumps' I believe is his catch phrase.

I don't want to start an economy spin-off on this thread. If you'd like all the numbers (yes I keep track I'm a nerd ha ha) please pm me, or start another thread.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:20 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I just want a president who is a man and can admit when he's wrong - not try to blame everything under the sun.
The blame is for Bush
2 wars and a payoff to Cheney's friends.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher

The blame is for Bush
2 wars and a payoff to Cheney's friends.
Thank you for exemplifying the problem.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:02 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
I somewhat can't believe youre arguing that the economy is better. Even Obama knows it's worse. He calls these 'roadbumps' I believe is his catch phrase.

I don't want to start an economy spin-off on this thread. If you'd like all the numbers (yes I keep track I'm a nerd ha ha) please pm me, or start another thread.
by most measurements it IS far better, that is why I would argue that, when bush left we had banks failing left and right, people were really freaking out. Don't get me wrong we still have a long way to go to recovery and to respond to your claim Obama has not stated the economy is worse, few economists would make that claim as well, we have had some issues on the road to a full recovery (the tea partiests playing chicken with the debt for one) but that doesn't mean progress isn't being made
Old 08-27-2011, 07:32 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Obama - July 14, 2009 in Warren, Michigan - "Now, my administration has a job to do as well, and that job is to get this economy back on its feet. That's my job, and it's a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, well, this is Obama's economy. That's fine. Give it to me."

So that was 2009. Since then...

1) The unemployment rate has risen from 7.6% then to 9.1% now (when Obama said that post-stimulus it would be no higher than 8%)

2) The Obama administration raised the national debt by approximately $4 trillion, and counting. He did more in 2.5 years than Bush did with two wars in 8 years

3) "Long-term unemployed" has risen from 2.6 million to 6.2 million

4) Then, the average price of gas was $1.83. Now it's $3.79

5) Then, Americans on foodstamps numbered at 32 million. Now, it's 44 million

6) During his first two years in office, his administration raised more national debt than the first 100 U.S. Congresses combined

7) The combined debt of the major GSEs (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Sallie Mae) has increased from 3.2 trillion in 2008 to 6.4 trillion in 2011. They're subsidized, so the American taxpayers are paying for that

8) The trade deficit in 2010 was 33% bigger than it was in 2009, and is expected to rise more in 2011

9) Last year, only 66.8% of American men had a job. That's the lowest number in recorded history

10) During the first 3 months of 2011, the least number of new homes were sold than ever before in recorded history

11) Since 2009, the American dollar has fallen nearly 20% compared to other major currencies

12) Reuters reported on August 17, 2011, that a record 26% of Americans approve of Obama's handling of the economy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.