Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
In the past it was that you only got protection if you specifically paid for protection, if you did not then the company either stood by and watched it burn, or charged an incredibly high fee on the spot to put it out then. the two "private" systems are quite different.
I don't have a problem with paying for services to get them...... It only makes sense to not get them if you don't pay for them (Duh!)! Like I have said in so many threads.... Our problem is that we are unwilling to stand by and watch others pay for their mistakes (in this case, the mistake would be NOT paying for fire protection!) This is often why people don't LEARN from these mistakes... They keep making them and we all pay for them!

Oh, and my point earlier was only to highlight the inefficiencies of government run entities...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Meanwhile all those federal employees in the myriad of government offices, agencies, bureaus and government contractors are busily formulating budgets to maintain their existence. Many of them studying our plates, our weight, our salt consumption, our glucose consumption (not to step on the toes of HFCS mfgrs), our fat consumption, our light bulbs, our roof color and that's just for openers.

In 2015 something included in Obamacare called "Independent Payment Advisory Board" begins operation and our lives will be changed forever.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:06 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I don't have a problem with paying for services to get them...... It only makes sense to not get them if you don't pay for them (Duh!)! Like I have said in so many threads.... Our problem is that we are unwilling to stand by and watch others pay for their mistakes (in this case, the mistake would be NOT paying for fire protection!) This is often why people don't LEARN from these mistakes... They keep making them and we all pay for them!

Oh, and my point earlier was only to highlight the inefficiencies of government run entities...
that only works for some cases, in medical care it can often depend on one's gentics or if they had something occur to them beyond their control they could easily become uninsurable, and in cases like that we need the government to make sure health care is accessible because th free market won't allow the insurance to spread the costs around on a non profitable person.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
In 2015 something included in Obamacare called "Independent Payment Advisory Board" begins operation and our lives will be changed forever.
Independent Payment Advisory Board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so essentially a panel to look for efficiencies to run medicare more efficientally and cheaper...... so the republicans should like that aspect as it is running it more like a business and lowering costs.

Quote:
The proposals made by IPAB must not include any recommendation to ration health care, raise revenues or increase Medicare beneficiary premiums, increase Medicare beneficiary cost sharing (deductibles, coinsurance, or co-payments), or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligibility criteria.
yes sounds terrible
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so essentially a panel to look for efficiencies to run medicare more efficientally and cheaper...... so the republicans should like that aspect as it is running it more like a business and lowering costs.
Just wait until you see what the panel suggests to lower costs and force nongovernmental healthcare spending below the rate of medical inflation. Any doctor who gives patient more treatment than authorized will not be allowed to contract with "qualified" health insurance plans.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Just wait until you see what the panel suggests to lower costs and force nongovernmental healthcare spending below the rate of medical inflation. Any doctor who gives patient more treatment than authorized will not be allowed to contract with "qualified" health insurance plans.
ok and? how do you think private businesses would run it? and they have the requirement that they not ration care or give less benefits....As far as changes go this is pretty minor and not the oh no a government agency is trying to kill us.....

but I bet you support the paul ryan plan though right?
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
ok and? how do you think private businesses would run it? and they have the requirement that they not ration care or give less benefits....As far as changes go this is pretty minor and not the oh no a government agency is trying to kill us.....

but I bet you support the Paul Ryan plan though right?
The Paul Ryan plan doesn't go near far enough to save us. It will not balance the budget in the near future, and with no balance the debt continues to rise. If the current debt would require more than 50 years of zero deficits and half-trillion in payment each year where will we be five or ten years down the road?

Any money, goods or services from the federal government to our hometown is as if it comes through a leach pipe (or should I say leech?), only a trickle makes it all the way through. Free enterprise could never make it with so many levels of management, offices, agencies, bureaus and etc.

Obamacare is Chicago politics in the making, just look at the pay-offs, graft, bribes and waivers already in place. And that just to get it passed, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:21 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
The most Obamacare waivers given to businesses in any district in the US? Nancy Pelosi's district! How ironic! :-)
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so essentially a panel to look for efficiencies to run medicare more efficientally and cheaper...... so the republicans should like that aspect as it is running it more like a business and lowering costs.
Isn't it a bit of a stretch (or leap of faith) to assume that the most inefficient organization in the US, and maybe on the planet, can implement a panel to look for efficiencies? An organization the currently spends 1.667 times its revenue!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Watch a John Stossel Special, "The Money Hole", There is a new one coming Hannity said Tuesday I can't find a schedule for it. Maybe it is Sunday http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/10/wa...ecial-on-sunda
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.