Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2012, 04:58 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
Some NC State students are trying to make the campus smoke free. I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that university students have IQs of 100 or greater so why would any be smoking?
Remember that part of the US is the tobacco belt. I wouldn't be surprise if that region has more smokers than any other region of the US. It almost becomes a family tradition to smoke when your business is to grow tobacco.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T
Some NC State students are trying to make the campus smoke free. I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that university students have IQs of 100 or greater so why would any be smoking?
Perhaps your assumption is flawed. Perhaps they were addicted to second hand smoke in their family homes and don't have the willpower to give it up. Perhaps they are concerned about janitors, administration staff, visitors, etc. Perhaps they are trying to make a political statement, get people talking about how it is OK to discriminate on the basis of public tobacco use.

I like how you tried to use an attempt to prohibit a stupid behavior as evidence of stupidity. Nice spin.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 PM  

Use the link below...you can read or listen.

http://godsaidmansaid.com/topic3.asp...44&ItemID=1310

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.